Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
jmj437

Default Drain Main Water Tank

I have a 2004 GS BT Cruiser 27 foot that I recently purchased. How do I or is there a way to drain the main water tank under the rear bed without having to use the pump and turning on the sink/ shower or flushing the toilet to drain the tank? Is there a drain cock of some type in or around the tank under the bed to drain it.

There must be a easier way to accomplish this task.....................

Thanks in advance.
jmj437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
purduepete2

We have a 2007 BTouring Cruiser Model 5291B and the main drain plug valves are located behind the center bottom drawer in the bedroom.

Pete
purduepete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
jmj437

Pete,

Thanks for the info on draining the main water tank. My GS is model M5270, 2004 and does not have a drain valve located in the bathroom cabinet drawer.
I guess I will call someone at GS and try and get an answer. You think the bucks you pay for one of these unit the company could afford to mark with a nice little label "Drain Main Tank Here" I did look under the rear bed area where the tank is located and there are a few little black some type of valves under there but who knows what they are for. I may open one and the right front tire may go flat... LOL. I guess I am too military trained to think other wise........................Must have been all those years that I served in military.................
Thank again for you info.........

Happy Camping,

John
Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
purduepete2

John,

Thanks for your Service!

As a fella on the other side of the crap table in Elko, NV once told me:

" Never apologize to anyone except your wife, and then only when she's holding a gun on you".

I believe you misread my post. The drain valves in my unit are located in the "bedroom" behind the bottom center drawer in the wardrobe cabinet.

Just got back on Monday from 3 weeks in the southwest. Big Bend NP, Fort Davis, TX, Kirchner Caverns, AZ, Catilina SP, AZ, Lost Dutchman SP, AZ and back through Petrified Forrest NP.

Our GS BT Cruiser 5291B handled like an SUV all the way over the mountains and through Salt Creek Canyon. I-40 through Oklahoma City was like driving across a mine field.

Good Luck and keep your powder dry!
Pete (Airman 1st Class USAF) Lackland, Lowery and Ramstein.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
jmj437

Pete,

Thanks,

I found my drain valve under the bed in the rear of my unit. I had a feeling it was in there some where. I called Gulf Stream and they were very helpful. I drain the tank but it took forever. You think they would have put a bigger drain in there. If you should have any question you can call GS at 800 289-8787, Ext 3720 very helpful...............

Thank you for your service. I spent 34 years 5 month and 11 day in the military but who counting. Enjoy you hitch it will be over before you know it. Good career these days. Enjoy and thank you.

John, CMSgt, (Retired)
Old 03-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #6
purduepete2

John,

I'm afraid you misunderstood my post. I received my honorable discharge from Pres. Richard Nixon back in 1971 and went back to Purdue under the GI Bill. Made more money as a student vet than I did while serving, Go figure. I'm also retired now from 33 yrs in the Iron and Steal industry.

Thanks again for your dedicated service to our country!
Pete
Old 03-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #7
mfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmj437
...I found my drain valve under the bed in the rear of my unit. I had a feeling it was in there some where. I called Gulf Stream and they were very helpful. I drain the tank but it took forever. You think they would have put a bigger drain in there...
If the drain system is like mine, the valve you pulled is the unpressurized direct gravity feed at the bottom of the tank. It is very slow. There may be another valve you can pull in that area that is on the pressurized side. With your water pump on, it will drain the water out at a good clip -- maybe 10 minutes to drain a full FW tank.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote