Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-08-2021, 09:54 PM   #1
SGTJAC

Default Does anyone know?

switch.jpg

Looking for maybe a OEM chassis right switch for our 2006 TM. Have checked some yards on wrecked coaches but nothing. Would like to find one that has the light also. Plug and play Thanks!

Pic is upside down?
SGTJAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #2
Chuck v

That switch is made by Carling and is part number L28D1. I believe the lamp is specified by further numbers/letters in the part number, and from looking at the data sheet on line my best guess is it would be L28D1ACA1M...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:11 PM   #3
SGTJAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
That switch is made by Carling and is part number L28D1. I believe the lamp is specified by further numbers/letters in the part number, and from looking at the data sheet on line my best guess is it would be L28D1ACA1M...

Chuck

Chuck,

Thanks! I knew it was an Carling but was limited from there. I'm going to make sure by checking on the lighted switch on a phone call. For me, it must be a plug and the same or it would sit. Heading out tomorrow after all eight battery changed back still hurts.

You ever heard of a led light going out? In the hallway panel, with the gen. running and or plugged into shore power, the top led is out.(flickers when checking) Batteries are all new and metered out just what they should be. Anyway off to the lake and heat
Old 08-10-2021, 09:20 AM   #4
Chuck v

LEDs can fail due to a bad connection to the microchip itself or to the assembly, from overheating and/or over voltage -- but are otherwise fairly long lived.

Because the indicator is flickering, it might be the drive circuit (voltage level sensor) and not the actual LED itself.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:50 PM   #5
SGTJAC

Chuck, Thanks for the great advise. Haven't found out the problem but will work on it after the playing in the RV slows down.