Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
TheHansens

Default Flagship Rally at Wekiva Falls

Has anyone who purchased from Flagship RV in FL considered going to this campground 7/24-27 for their rally? We took a look at the place today as we live only a short distance away and were shocked at the condition of the facilities! New owners took over 5/1 and have been trying to make improvments but it looks like they have at least a years worth of work before it meets any standard we would accept. Why pay the big bucks for a MH or trailer and pay to spend 3 nights at a place my dogs would find objectional.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
mfa

Is this the place that has two springs coming up in the middle of their swimming area? We were there 25 years ago when we had a popup. The place wasn't in good shape then, but a lot can come and go in 25 years.

We got the offer in the mail the other day even though we have never had any dealings with Flagship RV. I took it as more of a promotional thing for Wekiva Falls.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
TheHansens

It's the same place and probably hasn't changed-only gotten worse- they do look like they are making an effort-but not in time for this Rally.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
TheHansens

Default AMAZING

WOW! What an improvement in 6 weeks. They have done an unbelieveable job cleaning up the place. There is still more to do but this sure was a great start. We were able to see the plans and when complete it will be a great campground and resort. We are looking forward to going back as soon as the weather is cooler here in FL. The staff was very helpful and appreciated our praise. I would recommend it a must see and stay for anyone traveling to this area.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #5
mfa

Do they have full hookups? How would you describe the sites? Prices?
Old 07-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
TheHansens

Yes, they have full hookups. They are working on getting more 50 amp sites available. There is both out in the open and shady spots. I don't know what they are charging since Flagship worked out a deal with them. It is a very large park so having some kind of transportation (bike) to get around is helpful. No much for a store and no rec room yet-they are part of the future makeover. These people just took over 5/1 and as I said it has already come a long way. No WiFi or cable either.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:31 AM   #7
Fl Mike

Just an update.... wife and I stayed there for a long weekend in June. They have done an amazing job of cleaning up and getting rid of the majority of the full timers who trashed the place in the past. Sites are generally huge (had to borrow a 50 amp extension cord and water hose which they graciously provided at no charge!!!). They had a DJ by the spring on Saturday and Sunday which drew a big day crowd. We were far enough away that the noise was not a problem. The store is very clean but not very large. They are making progress on the Rec Building which looks like it will be very nice when completed.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #8
mfa

Thanks for the update!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
darbyjudy

I belong to Good Sams and they are having the Fall Samboree at Wekiva Resort Nov 18 to 22. I hope they have it ready by then as they will be a lot of people there.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:36 PM   #10
mfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy
I belong to Good Sams and they are having the Fall Samboree at Wekiva Resort Nov 18 to 22. I hope they have it ready by then as they will be a lot of people there.
If you go, please give us a report back. It's been over 25 years since we last camped at Wekiva Falls. It's only about 70 miles away, though...
Old 10-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #11
darbyjudy

I will certainly try to remember to do that. I will be going to the Resort a few days before the Rally so I will be there a little over a week. That will give me time to check it out.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #12
03heritagerider

Just curious on your opinion of the place after the rally.

We stayed there in the spring of '09. They did make some significant improvements, but the price went way up. I think too much for what they have done so far.

There was a County Fair in town and and all of the carney people stayed there. About a dozen people in each fifth wheel and there must have been 20 or more units

There was a charge for WiFi, they did not accept mail for residents/guests, the dumpsters were always overfilled and too far away if you have any problem walking.

I got the distinct impression they were either trying to convert the place into a mobile home park, or dress it up enough to make it attractive to a condo developer.

What did you think and how was the rally?
Old 12-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #13
parklandgroupohio

Hi, does anybody have an before and after pictures of the camp grounds? I would really like to have seen what it looked like before they put all the work in and then when it was all done or even in progress.
By the way, I'm not sure if any of you guys experienced this but me and the boys are going to try something different in a couple of weeks and that is camping/hunting on private land from we found on Acreage for sale, a friend of ours recommended it.
parklandgroupohio is offline   Reply With Quote