Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-01-2005, 05:18 PM   #1
AAFD

Default Atrium

We have an Atrium in our Sun Voyager. I can't tell you how many times I have been complamented on it and how much we love it! Well done GS for putting this feature on your RV's!

KC
Old 06-01-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
gsadmin

I agree that this is one of the most impressive features I have seen in a MH lately. Time will tell how well they hold up.

Great job GS for coming up with this piece of innovation.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:34 PM   #3
AAFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsadmin
I agree that this is one of the most impressive features I have seen in a MH lately. Time will tell how well they hold up.

Great job GS for coming up with this piece of innovation.
I am suprised no one else has come up this the same thing as of yet!!

KC
Old 06-10-2005, 12:26 AM   #4
RayChez1

Default Atrium windows

I notice that even the Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser has the Atruim windows and the Sun roof. I have only seen it on pictures. I would sure like to see one at a RV show. I believe they are having one in Pomona, Cal. I might make some time and go look at them. How are they on hot places, where the weather is hot like Las Vegas, Nev. or in the deserts of Southern Calif. I really didn't care for them before on the Atruim Diesel, and they didn't sell very good when it was first introduced because of the heat and keeping the coach warm in the winter. Are these windows double pane like storm windows or are they single plate?
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #5
AAFD

Default Re: Atrium windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez
I notice that even the Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser has the Atruim windows and the Sun roof. I have only seen it on pictures. I would sure like to see one at a RV show. I believe they are having one in Pomona, Cal. I might make some time and go look at them. How are they on hot places, where the weather is hot like Las Vegas, Nev. or in the deserts of Southern Calif. I really didn't care for them before on the Atruim Diesel, and they didn't sell very good when it was first introduced because of the heat and keeping the coach warm in the winter. Are these windows double pane like storm windows or are they single plate?
Double pane, check out thier web site, it show the construction.

KC
Old 11-23-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
DougG

We were sold on our '05 Sun Voyager #8377 because of the atrium! We have suffered some other issues with our motor home, but we still love the atrium. We have sat in it on a winter night in Quartzsite, AZ and enjoyed the beautiful night sky views in a warm and cozy environment.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAFD
I am suprised no one else has come up this the same thing as of yet!!

KC

The reason that no other manufacturer has is that GSC has a patent on it.

Below is the news release about it:

Gulf Stream Coach Receives Patent!

Nappanee, Indiana based Gulf Stream Coach received a U.S. patent on its Atrium sunroom slide-out. First shown in Louisville, Kentucky at the RV dealer show in December 2002 the Atrium sunroom stole the show. With a focus on introducing residential style and features into recreational vehicles Gulf Streams research and development team of engineers and interior decorators created the first ever recreational vehicle slide-out with full view picture windows on three sides and skylights overhead to create the most open and luxurious slide-out the RV industry has ever produced.

Currently the Atrium sunroom is available in five different brands on approximately ten floorplans across Gulf Stream?s class A motorhome lineup including Friendship G8, Crescendo, Sun Voyager, Independence and the ever popular Class C BTouring Cruiser. There is no better way to enjoy the scenery from inside an RV than through the panoramic views made possible by the Atrium sunroom.

?RVers are extremely excited about being able to enjoy the outdoors while sitting in the comfort of their beautiful living room,? states Claude Donati. ?This feature has become a key factor in our growth and success over the past several years.?

Gulf Stream Coach is based in Nappanee, Indiana, and has additional facilities in Goshen and Etna Green, Indiana. The company is the largest privately held full-line recreational vehicle manufacturer, offering 26 brands and more than 100 models, while employing over 1,500 men and women in Elkhart County.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
melyash

Default Re: Atrium

The Atrium Windows are still selling rigs, they also have it in thier Enduramax 5th wheel Toy Hauler and we love the them. Ours is a 2011 and the styling is just teriffic. Since it is set up on the passenger side slideout, if it is too sunny we just put the awning out, and we are good to go. Other features we love are the Vapor wall that can be opened to allow one big 24' room from the back wall to the Fireplace and TV. We love our L shaped upstairs kitchen, which allows my wife to do her favorite thing, cook, while still being able to face and interact with our guests!

It does seem this owners forum seems mostly a place to air folks complaints, but I am a realist. As someone posted, these are houses you haul down the road, and sometimes pretty rough roads at that. Things are BOUND to break!!! How a dealer treats you, and how the factory has the dealer fix em, that is another story. Sure we have had some issues, all of which have been covered by warranty, and I expect to find more as time goes on. It is a fact of RV'ing that stuff is gonna break. A lot of people blow off the maint stuff, dont cover em in storage, and fail to winterize, fail to clean thier Frige burner, and Water Heater burners, Fail to drain thier HW Tank, etc.

I am a private pilot, a retired navy Combat Aircrewman, a scuba diver, and an RV'er and trust me, maint checks are ingrained in my way of life. Is GS any worse than any other MFR in building RV's? No, In fact I think they are pretty good. I will admit they could run a vacume thru the bottoms of some cabnets etc, but for the most part I am happy with the fit and finish, the hardwood cabnets, and the inovative features GS puts in thier rigs. I took a tour of the factory with Mike Spencer, Product Manager for GS's Towables, and saw the line and met the people who built my rig. Everybody from the guys who prep the frame and do the initial wiring and underfloor insulation, to the guys who build the one piece wall and then cut the slide walls and window from it (so the color always matches and it fits perfectly) to the peson who installs the sinks and plumbing using hardware that will not rattle loose and leak, all the way to the two gal's that put on the graphics on the outside.

Every person seemed like they cared about the product, and were genuinly interested in hearing my feedback on construction of RV's I have owned, and were knowledgeable in how thier units surpassed the competition, everything from the dual seals on every slide, to a person who took the time on every rig and throughly inspected the insulation at the front and rear before the caps went on to make sure there were no torn or missed spots even around the tail lights and window openings, and when he found them he corrected it before he would allow the caps to be fitted. These were people on the line, out there building em and yet they knew enough about their rigs and what sets em apart from the competition and were happy to tell me about it. Trust me they CARE about doing a good job.

Do they achieve perfection? No, this is an assembly line product, and things slip thru occasionally, but on the other hand neither do thier neighbors just down the road Newmar Coaches, but these are not million dollar rigs!! Newmar has a warranty service department too, and their customers expect everything to be right AND a cut above, because they paid for it!! My Toyhauler Listed for less than a 1/10th of that cost, (I know it is apples to oranges comparing Class A to 5er but bear with me). Sure a $1m class A is nice, and yet with the deal I got in this economy at 1/20th of that, (not a misprint) I have solid wood cabinets, beautiful Corian Style Counters, 3 slides and an 11' Ramp I can drop and put the screen down, and BAM I have a wonderful place to hang out or entertain new friends that is over 35' long and in some places 12' wide!!

On top of that I can haul anyting from 4 Sport Quads, (or 2 Full size Utility quads), or a Razor, or a Golf Cart, to all the scuba gear for a dive team of 10 and two deflated zodiac's and the 40hp motors to haul em, and when I get there I can FUEL EM ALL off my fueling station. AWESOME!! More importantly because I did not pay all that extra cash, I might just have the money to afford some of those toys in the back of the rig.

That GS is still in business even after other inovative companies like ALFA (who we thought was the cat's meow) have gone to the big RV Park in the sky tells me they are doing things right. Remember folks warranty service can't happen if there is no company behind it!
melyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
Timothy

Default Re: Atrium

Well said Melyash, I was beginning to think that I was the only one that liked their Gulf Stream product. This is my second Canyon Trail, and sure I did have some problems but all were addressed. I even stopped in and toured the factory too, met with John Smith who has been a pleasure to deal with, he has helped me out and made sure any issues I had were taken care of. Jim Smucker took me on a tour of the assembly line where my Canyon trail was built and my experience was similer to yours. It's not often you hear someone on a forum praise their rig, thanks for taking the time to let us know your experience.

Go to rv.net and you can read hundreds of horror stories about other companies, makes me glad I have a Gulf Stream.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:48 AM   #10
Wolffiss

Anyone selling a 2005 gulf stream atrium motor home
Wolffiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 03:14 PM   #11
Bike Dr

I have also had a lot of compliments on my Atrium SE. So far I have not had any major problems with this coach. It's an 05 but still looks good.after upgrades throughout the coach, it is much more enjoyable. The tankless water heater is a perfect upgrade no more running out of hot water. Good luck I hope you find your Atrium!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!LIVING IT!!!!

2005 41'4 Atrium SE CAT
2017 20' Diamond closed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 Mini Cooper
Bike Dr is online now   Reply With Quote