Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #11
Sudsy

Default Camera Power Source

Hello all;

If you can get to the camera wiring (I had to peel off the Dicor and found a rubber stopper under it that made it kind of easy) then find the wire that is switching on and off with the backup lights. Reroute (re-connect) this wire to the running light that is closest and the camera will come on with the running lights and you can run with the parking lights on during the day. I just replaced my entire system.

Sudsy
Old 06-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #12
CaryL

Default Radio Manual

Here is a Gulf Stream radio manual for the one installed in a 2017 BT Cruiser. There was no notation of the manufacturer or model number.
It does accurately describe the radio installed.

Cary
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Radio Manual.pdf (1.56 MB, 2 views)
CaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #13
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via MSN to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

1) The radio ID MFR/ Model (probably) pops up on the screen during startup? 2) I have mine setup continuous; DOWNSIDE IS NO RADIO OR OTHER FUNCTIONS WHILE DRIVING w/ rear camera (which, while maybe not best, suits me for now), and until/ unless I decide to get a separate MONITOR. THERE ARE TWO WIRES from radio for VIDEO FUNCTIONS; one is connected to parking brake for GROUND to allow VIDEO INPUT displays (VCR/ DVR, etc) WHEN Parked; the (other) is a POWER wire from the BACKUP LIGHTS that turns ON CAMERA and auto switches Display to CAMERA automatically when you go into Reverse. (I have no other video inputs), so 1) camera plugged into VIDEO Input, and 2) Parking Brake WIRE is Grounded TO ACTIVATE Video Input without setting Parking Brake
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #14
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via MSN to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

re: radio removal, might be easier to check youtube? Ford models have one way to release, some others may have similar? Usually involves snapping out a small piece of radio trim to gain some access?

Tags
radio, rear camera, toad monitor