Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
CaptRon

Default New Visa Owner LPG?

Hi All,
Bought a new 2012 Visa 19 ERD about 6 weeks ago and just joined. The missus and I took a 3 day shakedown cruise right after we bought it and it's been in the dealer's shop for a month. Nothing serious but it took the dealer forever to replace a dry rotted tire and the microwave. Something about warranty authorization?? Anyway we have it back now and we'll be heading over to Sebastian Inlet SP next week for another go.

I do have one question (likely the first of many). I noticed that the LPG line that runs under the trailer is black iron. This pipe has a tee'd off quick connect fitting (female) and valve near the forward end on the passenger side. I asked the dealer if they had the hose or quick connect male fitting and they sold me a $40 quick coupling (both halves). Of course, the new quick connector doesn't match the one the factory installed so now I have to replace the factory bits and find a hose that will mate mate with whatever appliance and the male quick connector. The question is, Does anyone know if there's actually an accessory hose or connector that mates with the factory set-up? Someone must have solved this before.

Thanks
CaptRon is offline   Reply With Quote