Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
Jimbo542

Default Gulfstream Ultra Super C

Going to look at a 2005 Gulfstream Ultra Super c this afternoon. Anyone have good knowledge of this coach. What to look for when checking initial walk around/inspection. This will be our first MH.
Appreciate any info you can share
Jim
Jimbo542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #2
bhplumber

Jimbo, I'm not sure what model the "ultra" super C is. I have an 07 Supernova 6331. I would just check for the obvious, leaks, water damage, tires, etc. One model I looked at before buying my current unit had cracks in the overhead cap by the cab doors where the overhead bunk area attached to the box. I passed on that unit for that reason. I would also inquire about it's use. Has it been sitting for an extended amount of time? Was it stored inside or out? I don't know how much you know about RVs but if it passes your inspection it may be worth paying a professional inspector to have a look. I paid for 2 inspections before deciding to purchase my current unit. It was money well spent IMO. Good luck. Also just a note on the International chassis, I gave done a few mods to mine and love it. You will read a ton of nightmare stories about GS and the Super Nova but try finding a model or manufacturer that doesn't have their share of issues. Just make sure it's the floor plan you want and that it can do everything you need it to. It's a big investment.
bhplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #3
Jimbo542

Default Ultra Super C

I looked the other day at it. Soft floor by the lav, soft around 2 of the roof lights. Furniture and cushions need replacement as well as the roof. Big project for me though. Fridge vent was covered so it was probably from the leaking down. Also smelt raw propane inside when we ran the heat. Other than that it drove well. Might be a better ass. Trying to put a number together for the repairs. Inspection are $900 all in.
Thanks for the reply
Jimbo
Jimbo542 is offline   Reply With Quote