Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-28-2022, 06:16 PM   #1
Kenmax

Default Gas shut off valve

I have to work on all of my gas appliances so while I wait on a part I ordered for the waterheater I want to work on the furnace. But the only shutoff is on the gas cylinder .
Is there a way to shut off gas to them individually? If not how would you work on them separately ?
2003 e450 v10 31' gulfstream conquest motorhome
Kenmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 10:55 AM   #2
RY469

Usually only one shut off, at the tank. I put plugs in the end of the line that I have disconnected, if I'm going to have to wait for a part, etc . . . A little safer that way.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 01:39 PM   #3
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

My WH has a small valve 90-deg turn screw slot next to solenoid to turn off when WINTERIZED; most others use soft copper, which can get hard/ brittle with age, or cross-thread when attempting to reconnect after being bent to disconnect or plug. But YES, you can buy brass FLARE PLUGS, but can be risky. Mr HEATER PORTABLE maybe easier/safer?
Old 10-09-2022, 04:28 PM   #4
RY469

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
My WH has a small valve 90-deg turn screw slot next to solenoid to turn off when WINTERIZED; most others use soft copper, which can get hard/ brittle with age, or cross-thread when attempting to reconnect after being bent to disconnect or plug. But YES, you can buy brass FLARE PLUGS, but can be risky. Mr HEATER PORTABLE maybe easier/safer?
I normally ignore your posts, but I want to comment that messing with the propane system for "winterization" is not only unnecessary, but not recommended. The little screw you are talking about is most likely the gas adjustment, and should be left alone if things are working properly. We are all here to help each other, but I strongly suggest to those reading this to leave the gas system alone. If you remove an appliance (as this thread is addressing), it is not a bad idea to put a flare type plug in the end of the open pipe to prevent possibility of a big leak while waiting for the replacement appliance (water heater in this case I believe).
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote