Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
rwc

Default Radio

2004 Friendship G7. Called Millie at Gulf Stream and she was not able to tell me what brand or Model of radio was installed in dash. It has a button that says Sat and when I push that button it says No Satellite available. If some one could tell me what brand of radio was installed I could look up manuals for it on line. Any help appreciated.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:53 AM   #2
rwc

Pulled the radio. It is a Ford RV radio. Unable to find operator manuals for it on line. Called several sellers of this particular radio and none would provide manual.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #3
McKannick

Have you asked the all-knowing Google on that? If you can find any kind of model number on the unit, that would help.
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:25 PM   #4
rwc

Yes I have looked all over the internet. Thanks for the reply.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwc View Post
2004 Friendship G7. Called Millie at Gulf Stream and she was not able to tell me what brand or Model of radio was installed in dash. It has a button that says Sat and when I push that button it says No Satellite available. If some one could tell me what brand of radio was installed I could look up manuals for it on line. Any help appreciated.

Well what's the problem with the radio?

Sudsy
Old 11-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #6
rwc

The only problem is lack of knowledge on operator part. Evidently to get Sat you have to have an add on.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:20 PM   #7
Sudsy

Quote:
The only problem is lack of knowledge on operator part. Evidently to get Sat you have to have an add on.

It sounds a lot like my E250 van. I removed it a long time ago and installed a Pioneer AVIC N2 Navigator/trip computer/XM system. I don't recommend that dinosaur system but if you just want a radio that has a Sirius/XM capability check out Crutchfield. They have installation kits that make it simple. I have always liked the way their installations go.

Placing the antenna will be the toughest part.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-4Qeo0x2A5EZ/

Sudsy
Old 11-17-2017, 06:45 PM   #8
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
It sounds a lot like my E250 van. I removed it a long time ago and installed a Pioneer AVIC N2 Navigator/trip computer/XM system. I don't recommend that dinosaur system but if you just want a radio that has a Sirius/XM capability check out Crutchfield. They have installation kits that make it simple. I have always liked the way their installations go.

Placing the antenna will be the toughest part.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-4Qeo0x2A5EZ/

Sudsy

Here I go quoting myself again!

It looks like Crutchfield sells an Sirius/XM receiver that will work on your present radio. If you have it removed have the Ford numbers available for them.

Sudsy
Old 11-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #9
rwc

Thanks I have the numbers because when I took it out I took pictures. Just not sure I want to invest in radio that is no longer made, I may have to look for alternatives. Would like to have something that fills the void as this is a large radio.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #10
Sudsy

Quote:
Thanks I have the numbers because when I took it out I took pictures. Just not sure I want to invest in radio that is no longer made, I may have to look for alternatives. Would like to have something that fills the void as this is a large radio.

Again, check out Crutchfield. I looked after my last post and a search for a 2004 Ford E450. There were several radios that would work. As far as fitting in your space, that's what Crutchfield does. They have everything you need when it's delivered. Simple instructions. I would definitely call them with your specs.

Sudsy
Old 11-18-2017, 12:06 AM   #11
Leisure Time Larry

I agree. There shouldn't be a problem filling the space in your dash. There are large aftermarket radios, touch screen units with dvd or gps capabilities... the world is your oyster. You just have to decide on what you want to pay for that oyster.

Crutchfield is a great mail order solution for those willing to do the installation themselves. Otherwise, try traditional retail outlets like Car Toys or Best Buy. With the holidays coming, you should be able to get a good deal. Good luck!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:36 AM   #12
rwc

Thanks I will give them a call.