Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-22-2018, 10:07 AM   #1
madkinson

Default Water system

Just purchased a 99 Sun Voyager 8362 diesel pusher. I am lucky to have most of the original manuels, but I do not have anything on the fresh water system. Am I correct that the on!y way to fill the fresh water tank is using the valve located in the bay with the filters and water manifold? It switches from city water to.fresh water tank. Also, is there a good place to obtain parts/repair into? Thanks for any help for this newbie from Oklahoma.
madkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
Sudsy

There's not much to it. Just a pump, tank and tubing.

Sudsy
Old 05-23-2018, 07:39 AM   #3
madkinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
There's not much to it. Just a pump, tank and tubing.

Sudsy
Thanks for your reply, Sudsy. I understand that, but that didn't really answer my question. Most systems I have read about have a "gravity fill". I was asking if this indeed does have a gravity fill.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkinson View Post
Thanks for your reply, Sudsy. I understand that, but that didn't really answer my question. Most systems I have read about have a "gravity fill". I was asking if this indeed does have a gravity fill.

If it's like my 05 Voyager, no it only fills thru the valve.

Sudsy
Old 05-23-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
madkinson

Quote:
If it's like my 05 Voyager, no it only fills thru the valve.

Sudsy
Thanks for the answer. Still learning and hope to be able to help someone in the future.
Old 05-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #6
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkinson View Post
Thanks for the answer. Still learning and hope to be able to help someone in the future.

I sure understand I just bought this one about 18 months ago. Still learning stuff about it.

Sudys
Old 05-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #7
Frutza

no gravity fill, but if have the valve in the wrong position the pump will suck air
Old 05-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #8
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
no gravity fill, but if have the valve in the wrong position the pump will suck air

Mine does the same thing. I thought a check valve had frozen and failed but maybe not. I keep a plug on the water connection when not hooked up and it makes everything work right. If I don't put the plug in the feed hose my fresh water will drain down to the fill line input level. If I look I can actually see the side of the tank in the compartment with the pump and manifold.

Sudsy
Old 05-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #9
neondon

I need clarification on that valve: potable tank or city water. It seems to draw from the tank when in city water position, so what position fills from the hose, uses shore connected water, pumps only from the tank, or anything else? Another newbie wanting kindergarten course.
neondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 11:19 PM   #10
Sudsy

Default Testing 1 2

Ok. I have the coach home here and one of the things on my punch list is a leak in the fill line for the fresh water tank. i can see it and think I have a fix. But while I am doing that I will be able to do some test. As I recall right now if I were to fill the tank and then switch the selector to "city water" and NOT plug my fill line, the fresh water tank would slowly leak out. If I leave the selector in the "fill" position it will out right drain back through the fill hose. This is why I thought a check valve had frozen and failed. Maybe not.

Sudsy
Old 05-26-2018, 05:25 AM   #11
Frutza

Mine says "city water connection" that is the label for the valve, then says "local supply" and " fresh water" of course turn to fresh water for filling, the handle is then horizontal, and turn to local supply when done filling, leave in local supply if using supplied water from Cg
Old 05-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #12
Sudsy

Agreed, but if I do exactly that and then disconnect to leave the CG my fresh water tank will back flow thru the fill valve until it is drained. I have to plug the "local supply" hose with a cap to prevent that. I think I have a failed check valve.

Sudsy
Old 05-28-2018, 06:04 AM   #13
Frutza

My valve is below the top of my tank, I would think the valve it self should close, turn of your pump, hook up to city water and see which direction of the valve to supply water to your fixtures? Then of course, turn it through other way to close, not sure if there's check valve's in that area but if your valve is to low, like you said, may be easier to just add one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0482.jpg (61.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #14
Toolman

hey sudsy. I have a 2003 sun voyager workhorse chassis. I've had for 3 weeks. I have filled fresh water tank and when I turn on water pump water is coming out of a fitting under the sink there are two of them only one seems to be seeping. do I not have a valve open somewhere. I don't have a lot of pressure at my faucets either??
Toolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:48 AM   #15
madkinson

This thread is over a year old. Might be best to post a new thread.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:23 AM   #16
Sudsy

Typing slow. Had hand surgery Wed.

Sounds like the unit froze up. Is this the kitchen sink or bathroom? I suspect kitchen. If it's a fitting then it will have to be repaired. Some fittings are "swedged/crimped" together and some newer one's kind of snap in place. I have the big tool for "swedging" and have made those repairs. I repaired a leak in the tube that fills the freshwater tank using Flex Seal. If it a fixture you will need a new one.

Where are you?

Sudsy
Old 07-09-2019, 04:51 PM   #17
mhogge

Sudsy

Reading your posts on leaks in water line I have one that leaks the most when on city water? After playing with this for a week I still cannot find a way to remove and replace the water lines Im thinking about removing the shower to see if I can get better access. I would appreciate your thoughts on this?

Mine is a 05 Voyager on a W22.

Thanks Mel
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:31 PM   #18
knoxchief

On my Sun Voyager there is a gravity fill right in the little door where you hook up the water hose for park water. It is a separate outlet and you just fill it with drinking water. I don't use my hose because of the taste but with a funnel and drinking water, you just pour it in.
knoxchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:58 PM   #19
Sudsy

What year is your Sun Voyager?

S
Old 07-25-2019, 08:29 PM   #20
knoxchief

Quote:
What year is your Sun Voyager?

S
2008 Sun Voyager!