Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #21
brains77396

Default Re: New Visa model

Thanks Don. He is going to A & M on a NROTC scholarship. My GS dealer started carrying the Visa line about two weeks after we bought the MPG. I wanted the 19ERD but my wife outvoted me. Haven't been out in it yet, but so far, we are pleased. Also like the 3,502lb weight.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:43 AM   #22
hannah1

Congrats on your new TT... Enjoy that..
hannah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #23
frog60

I haven't visited this sight for a while. I'm glad to see a lot of positve remarks about the Visa23. Ours is great although the water pump went out last fall. Got it replaced under warrenty.
I attached a picture of ours also with my Frontier tow vehicle. About to get underway to the grand Canyon.
frog60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #24
brains77396

Just returned from our maiden voyage in our 23-RBK. We are not very happy campers . Leak where the cold water goes into the hot water heater, and another leak under the right sink. The third and worst problem is the fridge door will not lock. Stopped at a Wal-Mart about 10 miles from home and noticed milk dripping from every corner of the trailer. We don't know how long it going to get the spilled milk smell from inside the trailer. We finished the trip to the state park and back home with the door taped shut with duct tape. Other than water and milk everywhere, not a bad trip .
Old 05-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #25
brains77396

I hope your Frontier pulls your 23 ft'er better than our Titan pulls ours. Haven't tried pulling it with our Frontier, but it did pull our Heartland MPG (2,700 lbs) fairly well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog60
I haven't visited this sight for a while. I'm glad to see a lot of positive remarks about the Visa23. Ours is great although the water pump went out last fall. Got it replaced under warranty.
I attached a picture of ours also with my Frontier tow vehicle. About to get underway to the grand Canyon.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #26
frog60

Brains,

It pulls it OK. I would think that the Titan would do better with a larger engine & wheelbase. The big problem I have is with the small gas tank. I have to start looking for gas after about 125 miles.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #27
frog60

Quote:
Originally Posted by brains77396
Just returned from our maiden voyage in our 23-RBK. We are not very happy campers . Leak where the cold water goes into the hot water heater, and another leak under the right sink. The third and worst problem is the fridge door will not lock. Stopped at a Wal-Mart about 10 miles from home and noticed milk dripping from every corner of the trailer. We don't know how long it going to get the spilled milk smell from inside the trailer. We finished the trip to the state park and back home with the door taped shut with duct tape. Other than water and milk everywhere, not a bad trip .
Wow-sorry to hear about your TT problems. Reminds me of a time a few years ago when we accidently camped on an ant nest. We had ants in everything!!
As I'm sure you know-but others may not (I didn't until I read the manual)-the fridge door latch has a two position tab. I think up is locked-for travel and down is unlocked-for camping. Another feature is located on the fridge side of the latch which keeps the door slightly ajar when not in use.(very handy)
Sounds like some shoddy workmanship on the the water lines but should be covered under warranty.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #28
DonMitsu

Send a message via AIM to DonMitsu

Quote:
Tough trip! Keep us posted on your service experience, I would think the dealer would give it a comprehensive inspection with multiple water leaks. I hate to hear about your maiden voyage, hope yu can have fun on your next one and don't have to worry about any trailer issues.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #29
brains77396

Up is for camping. Down allows the latch to fall all the way down, locking the door, or at least in theory. The door may just need to be adjusted, if it can be adjusted. Either way it is going back to the dealer this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Either that or travel with a dozen cats. The good news is that when the spare ribs fell out, the plastic container they were in did not open. For those that are into the high math, I can vouch that a gallon of Kroger's milk will cover the floor of a 23 ft travel trailer. Save you some pencil lead.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #30
jandmz

Quote:
Up is for camping. Down allows the latch to fall all the way down, locking the door, or at least in theory. ...EDIT... For those that are into the high math, I can vouch that a gallon of Kroger's milk will cover the floor of a 23 ft travel trailer. Save you some pencil lead.
On our first 23RBK trip, the first turn out of the street dumped the refrigerator. Fortunately, thanks to boxes of soft stuff on the floor under the fridge, nothing broke open. The two way latch in the "travel position" still will not hold the door shut when a gallon of milk, two 2 liter pop bottles and a half gallon of OJ all hit the door at once. We have a couple of spring tension curtain rods that we have been using to hold things in place. So far, its working pretty well.
jandmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #31
brains77396

It's going to the RV doctor tomorrow. I'll let them fiddle with it but will try your method. There seems to be a serious design flaw in the fridge. I may drop Dometic a line or call and get their input. Good to know that I'm not the only one with this little problem.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #32
brains77396

Default Broken fridge door

Got my Visa to the Dr's office today. We went into three other Visa's they had on the lot. On none of them could the Service Manager pull the door open. I'm just lucky I guess. I'll update as soon as they find a cure. They also sold a 19RGU this morning.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #33
jandmz

Default Re: Broken fridge door

Quote:
_EDIT_
We went into three other Visa's they had on the lot. On none of them could the Service Manager pull the door open. I'm just lucky I guess. I'll update as soon as they find a cure. _EDIT_
I'll add that to the list. Ours goes in Saturday for "warranty issues".

So far- The CO alarm sounds when the water heater runs for a while (not good)
The slide makes a funny noise, and we are finding wood chips and metal shavings on the floor
The bathroom door doesn't latch
The refrigerator door doesn't latch

We'll see what they do about it...
jandmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #34
tinapetel

We have never had our refrigerator door open in our Vista ERD because we never trusted it to stay closed from Day 1. We have always stretched a bungee from the shower across the fridge to the knob on the cupboard over the TV. This also keeps the cupboard door closed when traveling.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:03 AM   #35
brains77396

My dealers service writer went out and gave some very healthy pulls on three fridge doors. None would open. Seems like some work, some don't. There has to be some sort of design, manufacturing or door alignment flaw involved.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #36
KristinU

Are any of you 23 owners using BAL X Chocks? The standard/original version expands to 10", and a new extended version expands to 17"...I'm wondering if the stance between the dual axles is too wide for the originals. I'm working on my wish list of goodies for our on-order 23BHD

Thanks!
Kristin

2012 Visa 23BHD
2007 Toyota Tundra
My camping party: Me ('71), DH ('70), DS ('04), DK9 ('11)
https://www.visaadventures.blogspot.com
https://www.visacampers.proboards.com
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #37
brains77396

Received a call from my RV hospital saying my Visa has been cured. Will pick up tomorrow. Was to pick up today but the better half went for a root canal. I will see if I can find out how they repaired the fridge door since a couple more have had the "Door won't latch, comes open, spills contents" problem.

Quote:
My dealers service writer went out and gave some very healthy pulls on three fridge doors. None would open. Seems like some work, some don't. There has to be some sort of design, manufacturing or door alignment flaw involved.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #38
brains77396

I'll measure my 23=RBK tomorrow and post the results for you. I use four of the plastic wheel chocks. TRICK. Place the two front chocks, Pull forward a couple of inches, Place rear chocks, let it roll back. Should be a nice tight fit with no rolling. Lower the 4 jacks, steady as a rock. Send me the money you saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinU
Are any of you 23 owners using BAL X Chocks? The standard/original version expands to 10", and a new extended version expands to 17"...I'm wondering if the stance between the dual axles is too wide for the originals. I'm working on my wish list of goodies for our on-order 23BHD

Thanks!
Kristin
Old 05-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #39
KristinU

Quote:
I'll measure my 23=RBK tomorrow and post the results for you. I use four of the plastic wheel ckocks. TRICK. Place the two front chocks, Pull forward a couple of inches, Place rear chocks, let it roll back. Should be a nice tight fit with no rolling. Lower the 4 jacks, steady as a rock. Send me the money you saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinU

Thanks!
Kristin
Cool, thanks Brains77396! What about when you have to level side to side? How are you chocking that raised side? Or maybe you camp at nice level sites? We've been using a BAL single axle leveler on our pop-up (and love it), which also serves to chock on that side. Now that we'll need to go with boards or Lynx to level the dual axle we'll need to get the Lynx stop & chocks or something to use to chock that raised side...which is why I'm leaning toward the X chocks.

Cheers,
Kristin

2012 Visa 23BHD
2007 Toyota Tundra
My camping party: Me ('71), DH ('70), DS ('04), DK9 ('11)
https://www.visaadventures.blogspot.com
https://www.visacampers.proboards.com
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #40
brains77396

Weekend before last, we ran the left side up on the Lynx blocks. Chocked the right side, front and rear tire. Put the jacks down. We had no problem for the weekend. You mileage may vary. Parked in my drive, I chock all four tires in the front, let it roll forward until tight. When hooking up to leave, have to back up a little to remove the chocks.