Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #1
Davida

Default Paint codes

Hi,
Can anybody help.
I need the paint codes for my Sun Voyager 8295. (Tan).
Had a dust up with a concrete post and came second. The paint shop would like the codes rather than just matching the colour as close as possible.

Regards

Dave

Davida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

The paint codes for the coach should be in the cabinet above the kitchen sink or in one in that area. The sticker might have Mike's Custom Painting on the label. Mike's does all the painting for Gulf Stream.

If you can't find the label, you can call Mike's in Bremen, IN at phone #574-546-2161 and have the information on your coach. Year, model, and serial number.

Mike's should be able to tell you the paint codes.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
RJ82much

Dave,

Good luck on the paint codes. I don't know if Mike's Custom Painting will give you the paint code or not. GS considers it proprietary! There are no codes on any of my onboard labels or manuals.

As part of my brush with a narrow state park bridge (verrrrry narrow), I had to get some tan painting done on our '05 Sun Voyager. A local body shop computer matched the color & it was perfect. They were unable to obtain the color code, but also didn't care.

Next, my dealer performed warrantee work that required repainting a compartment door. The dealer claims to not have access to the paint code either!!! They use a local body shop, who obviously don't care either! The paint doesn't match, the swirls were painted on the panel as well, though so amaturish as to look like a cartoon.

I'm going to be in Indianna sometime in the coming months & intended to look up Mike's to see if I could arrange some custom painting on my coach.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

Bob,

I sat in on a seminar last year with Mike Weldy, owner of Mike's Custom Painting, and he stated that if anyone did not have the paint codes to just call his shop and they would give it to them. Also, If anyone needed touch up paint, just to call and they would sent it to them. Great guy, runs a top notch business.

Gulf Stream probably don't even have the paint codes since they do not do the actual painting of the coach. The paint shop at the GS factory is leased and operated by Mike's, Gulf Stream has nothing to do with it other than pick the colors they want the RV's painted.

This is the second Gulf Stream coach I have owned, both of them had/have the paint codes on a smaller sticker that is easily overlooked in the cabinet above the kitchen sink where the weight/information sticker was placed by Gulf Stream. The stickers have Mike's Custom Painting on them.
But, both my coaches have full body paint jobs on them, don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Mike's also does some beautiful custom painting. I saw some that was done on a Newmar and a Travel Supreme last year. Beautiful work, updated the older Newmar with the paint scheme. Both were full body paint jobs that were done.

Ron
Old 08-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
Davida

Thanks Guys

Couldnt find anything in the RV.

But a call to Mike got me them.

What milage is the first oil change due at????

Regards

Dave
Davida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Dave,

Glad my information got your paint codes from Mike's.
I will let someone else with a gasoline engine answer your question about 1st oil change since I have a diesel and it is much different.

Ron
Old 08-17-2006, 11:14 PM   #7
RJ82much

Ron,

Thanks for the very useful info about Mikes's & the paint. I can assure you that the codes appear nowhere in my coach or on the documentation.

Back when GS's customer Service would occasionally respond, they sent me a paint sample (from "Woody's Paint Spot"!), but without any identification. ...and Erica never responded to any requests ever again.

You would think that GS would want to own the rights to the color codes used on their coaches, since they have to color coordinate interiors, display ads, awnings, shades, etc. On the other hand, if Mike's holds the ownership of the colors, perhaps that's why the dealer's have a difficult time with GS warantee that requires painting?

Food for thought. Thanks again for the insight.

Dave,

I changed my oil at approximately 5k miles. I intend to treat my Chevy 8+ L engine just like my car, maybe a little better. You should have recieved an owner's manual in your documentation package which will give you the interval. Follow that.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 08-18-2006, 07:16 AM   #8
GStream40
Site Team

RJ,

If I remember correctly, Erica is no longer in Customer Service so that is probably why you did not get any response if you sent an email directly to her.

Ron
Old 08-18-2006, 07:19 AM   #9
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

Hey Dave, I have ALWAYS been a 3000 mile man, Oil and filter

faithfully, This also helps catch any items that may be starting, like,

loose thingys (technical talk), and "stuff". Cheap "Insurance" to

my thinking. Congrats on the new coach and safe travels.

Best Regards, Clyde
Old 08-18-2006, 08:07 AM   #10
RJ82much

We should change the subject to "oil change", but I'd probably mess somethin up.

15 years ago, I had a BBB arbitration hearing; me vs General Motors over a failed engine. Nothing to do with dirty engine, everything to do with antifreeze in oil. However, GM pulled all the stops & claimed failure was due to my not changing oil/filter every 3k. Arbitrator asked what they instructed (which happens to be 7500 miles in their owner's manual). GM answered that "everyone KNOWS 3k is the right interval".

Arbitrator instructed GM to pay my repair bills.

I was changing my oil at 4k to 5k in those days.... I have since up'd interval to the GM instructed 7500 miles since I read their book. I drive at least 25k miles per year & have never had an engine failure. Oh, ALL my friends and family tell me I'm dead wrong. So, please, everyone, don't do what I say, follow your own gut instinct.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 08-20-2006, 07:27 AM   #11
GStream40
Site Team

I am starting a new "Topic" titled "Oil Change Intervals" in the Class A section.

Ron
Old 08-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #12
poordevil

Here is the text of a message I sent to GS requesting the Paint Code for my coach. Hope it helps you !!!!!!!!!!

Here is the paint code that we are showing

LM 211

This is a DuPont paint code

You can also go to a local Napa store and have them us what they call is a paint gun and it will give you the paint code for the color, due to the fact it might have some sun fade to the paint! Thanks Angela

Angela Benn

Midwest Parts Rep.

1-800-289-8787 Ext. 3708

Fx: 702-973-2700

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 5:21 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: PAINT COLOR NUMBER

I have a 99 Sun Voyager 37 foot Diesel.

Serial # 4VZDK089XXC028510

The color is Green and White. I need the paint color number for the GREEN. Below is the picture.

Thank You.

Jim Felty

[email protected]
Old 08-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #13
Trapshooter

Divada, My paint codes are in the cabinet in the kitchen, back wall. Hope yours are there also.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:28 PM   #14
GStream40
Site Team

Trapshooter,

Welcome to Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum !!

I bet I know what one of your hobbies is.

Look forward to reading more of your posts about your RV and your travels.

Ron
Old 08-30-2006, 10:37 AM   #15
RayChez1

Default Paint Codes

I got the paint code direct from Gulfstream. I also had an encounter with a post of a gate coming out and turning twelve inches too soon. I looked back through the mirror and the post was flying through the air. I gave my coach about a twelve inch scratch from the hinges on the gate. It made me sick, but it was done. I took it to a paint shop in Hesperia, Cal. and they done an excellent job.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #16
georgn

When we purchased our 04 Crescendo, we received a little brochure from Mike's Custom Painting with the paint codes. They were only alpha/numeric codes, but by going to the Martin Senour web site, I was able to decode them and match to color name.
I am sure you can get them from Mike's 574-546-2161 or Fax 574-546-3504.
Make sure you provide all the info they may need to identify ypur coach.