Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Rimfire 7

Default Switched thermo to digital, AC fan will not turn on

Hello,
I thought I would try my luck with this forum has I am having difficulty figuring out what to do. I want to switch out the old analog thermostats to digital ones. I have read on irv2 forum of people doing this. When I did it, the furnace fired up and ran. The AC just clicked like it got the signal but never kicked on. I put the old thermostat back on and the ac just clicks. There are 2 AC units on the roof with 2 thermostats. We used the AC once before - just bought the coach last month - and it already had an issue. The AC and the heat would turn on oK but when it reached the set temp the cool/heat would shut off and not come back on again and the fan would continue to run. What should I check to try and figure out these problems?

I watched a youtube video about the thermostat wiring.

I am a first time RV owner and have a basic - very basic mechanical understanding. But I can figure things out with the help Thank you for your suggestions.
Rimfire 7 is offline   Reply With Quote