Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Swanee

Send a message via Yahoo to Swanee
Default Tip on Equalizer Systems

When trouble shooting your system when it is acting irratically but mainly not at all. Follow Equalizer Systems trouble shooting instructions but one thing you can add is proper grounding.
Once you are under the coach Clean all connections and check each one, I used electrical contact cleaner from NAPA and air blow each one dry. You will also notice that all the system ground wires ground to the pump. Pump then becomes the chassis ground when bolted to the frame.
Tighten the two bolts to ensure a good ground. Loosenes the nuts and use de-greeser under the pump to remove oil and ensure a good ground.
This solved my problem of intermittent opperation and strange things happening with the system. Keep this in mind next time you have Equalizer System problems.
Swanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
PORTABLE PARADISE

Default Equalizer questin

I read your post and noticed that you have the same rig that I have. I had a question for you. Have you developed a crack in the pass. side wall at the front of the rear slide. I have noticed that this is a problem with this model.

I have found it to be related to using the jack system. This also causes the bathroom floor to flex. I am very interested if you had / have same problem... mine is the 2004.
Bc
PORTABLE PARADISE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
ACTIONJACK

Default Crack in the passenger side wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by portable paradise View Post
i read your post and noticed that you have the same rig that i have. I had a question for you. Have you developed a crack in the pass. Side wall at the front of the rear slide. I have noticed that this is a problem with this model.

I have found it to be related to using the jack system. This also causes the bathroom floor to flex. I am very interested if you had / have same problem... Mine is the 2004.
Bc
this is an issue with gulfstream enduras. The rear compartment of the rv hangs out a long way past the rear wheels and i find that when i pull a trailer and turn out of my driveway the rear drags and causes the crack in the sidewall. I welded a rolling steel cast wheel right under my trailer hitch and it helped a little. I also added air bags in the rear shock springs to lift the rear end when i need to. It still drags, but not as bad as it used to.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:52 PM   #4
Seadog63

Was reading your post, I’ve a 2021 gulfstream conquest 6320 which is bumper to bumper 34feet. As for overhang mine has it and I’ve got to watch driveways . I’ve got two big V’s welded to the bottom of the hitch helps but more ground clearance would be good. I don’t know if spacer blocks would help or hinderance
Seadog63 is offline   Reply With Quote