Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
centurion95

Default Roof Coating?

I have a '01 Friendship 8362. The info I have says this is suppossed to have a fiberglass roof. When I inspected this roof prior to purchasing, I noticed a white coating on the roof. Is this common or maybe the previous owner had a leak? I haven't seen any signs of a leak though. Anyone else with this roof coating? Thanks.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:12 PM   #2
TonySnow

Default 2004 GS Sun Voyager

I have a 2004 GS Sun Voyager. It's time for me to re-coat the roof. I am stuck. I am not even sure what kind of roof my motorhome has (EDPM, Rubber, fiberglass, etc).

It is firm - no soft spots, but I believe that I have a seam leak at the front cap.

Can anyone help me identify the material the roof is made from, please? I followed the Dicor strategy - there is no membrane exposed inside my ACs or Vent Fans.

I don't mind doing the work, or the cost, but it seems like there are a hundred ways to do this wrong, and a very limited number of ways to do it right. Anyone else gone through the investigation / evaluation process and made a real determination of materials to use? I do know that I need to stay far away from any silicon products.

I have looked at Dicor, RV Roof Magic, Butyl Rubber products, and every product listed on Amazon. I'm at a loss where to start.

I would be grateful for advice from anyone who has gone down this path and come to a reasonable strategy.
TonySnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:32 PM   #3
Henry111

I'm on my second bottle of 303 wax now. I take advantage of it on the black bumpers and interior of my RV to protect it from the tough southwestern US sun. It really brings faded bumpers back to life. I have to reapply every 2 months to stay my fiberglass moneyed and cared for.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote