Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-27-2006, 07:36 AM   #1
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul
Default Something good to say

I really like our little forum here. I check out RV.net alot and it bums me out sometimes. It seems like there are a lot of complaints, lol. And now this sounds like a complaint. lol

I like the helpful attitude that is here and the lack of whinning. A little is ok but pages and pages of I hate this or I hate that just burns me out.

We are headed out to a state park today here in PA and the weatherman says I am going to get wet. Rain and windy for the weekend. I am ok with that. We have a RV and we can watch movies and play games. I may not sit outside by the fire all that much but my family will be spending time together. Lucky for me we don't get cell service either so noone will be off hiding in there rooms talking on the phone.

I landed a nice 50amp site and can use the space heaters and all the power my coach can drian from the grid .

I am thankful my 15 and 17 year old sons still want to camp with us and enjoy the outdoors. Our dogs are very excited too. They saw me prepping the MH yesterday and started jumping around and whinning (their whinning doesn't bother me I think it is cute) wanting to go.

I am also happy to say that my motorhome has been very good to us. No horifc tails of unsolved problems. We have had some minor issues but nothing to get excited about. Gulf Stream has been a good choice for us and we have a good dealer with good support.

Don't get me wrong sometimes I get annoyed but I remind myself how lucky I am to have this rig and this family and the time to enjoy both together. That is what is important to me. I realize there are people in this country and around the world that can't bring themselves to dream about being in a position like mine and that just makes me gratefull. I guess this could have waited to do the thankfull speach until thanksgiving but today will do.

Happy Camping everyone. If you feel like responding try and mention something good you enjoy. We might be able to balance out RV.net a little. lol
Old 10-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

TSoul,

I agree with you 100%....

It is great that your family can enjoy your time together. I am sure there will be enjoyable times this weekend no matter what the weather.

One thing, it probably will not be crowded this weekend and that just makes for a more enjoyable experience. This time of year is a great season to get out and take in the colors, see the wildlife and for families to recap the events of the summer.

Have fun!!

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #3
justlizz

I am glad you are enjoying yourselves I am stuck at home with my 5er all ready to go but as my daughter is about to produce my 1st grandchild any day now so I dont want to leave home at the moment but I hope you all enjoy your trips I will be thinking of you
I hope to get away in the New Year I enjoy the winter camping as it is much quieter and I enjoy long walks with the dogs
lizz
Old 10-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #4
Timothy

Glad to hear your still able to camp! Had to winterize ours 2 weeks ago and put it to bed for the winter.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
justlizz

That is so sad Timothy we try and get out during the winter here but we dont have the weather extreams that you have
lizz
Old 10-27-2006, 11:35 PM   #6
lockdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy
Glad to hear your still able to camp! Had to winterize ours 2 weeks ago and put it to bed for the winter.
Me too....kinda. I winterized mine but it is too pretty to put away yet..lol! I am awaiting my in-laws departure for Mexico in December and I will slide mine inside his shed then.
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:05 AM   #7
GStream40
Site Team

Our coach is just put to bed temporary, well sort of.

Have to take it in to have the tranny service done on it and I have to change the oil, filters and grease it the first nice day it doesn't rain.

But I winterized the water lines. But on Dec. 26th it will head to Florida to stay warm until spring. Of course we will too.

Grandma says we have to stay here until after Christmas. Our two grandsons make it hard not to. Of course I had nothing to do with that decision.

Ron
Old 10-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #8
earljan34

Hey Ron, We are die hards! We are still camping when we can get away. The next outing is Thanksgiving we go to NH last year we had snow over the weekend We go once in awhile at New Years at the same place in NH real cold then last time it was -5 and went down from there when we left 3 days later there was 6" of snow and a temp. of -7! Still had a great time as the place has a indoor pool and hot tub, The MH stayed 70 deg. and no frozen water lines !

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #9
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlizz
That is so sad Timothy we try and get out during the winter here but we dont have the weather extreams that you have
lizz
Your lucky Liz. we went camping the weekend of the 14th and the weather was great over in western Wisconsin. Had a full hook up site and flushed out the tanks really good, then winterized when we got home. Weather turned colder the following week, had one night down to 23F so glad I did the winterizatin when I did, had a few snow flurries the last couple of weeks and it's been colder then usual for October.

Locdoc, we have the camper parked on the side of the house so I can still visit it lol, my daughers and I even "camped " one night in November last year, however we had to run into the house to use the facilitys lol.
I can always look at pictures of all the great places we visited in the summer, that and RV shows and visiting the internet forums keep my spirits up during the long Wisconsin winter. When I retire I plan on moving South!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 05:38 PM   #10
C.Reilly

Ours is put away for the winter too. So sad to do that.
TSoul, where is the state park you camp at that allows dogs? We camp near Chambersburg, but can't find a state park near there that will allow dogs. So we end up at Burnt Cabins. Nice little campground.
We too have a Crescendo 8356.
Carol
Old 10-29-2006, 08:12 AM   #11
justlizz

WELL THIS IS SOMETHING GOOD
My first Grandchild arrived at 1 45pm this afternoon Mom and son are doing well but Gran is Knackered
lizz
Old 10-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #12
earljan34

CONGRATULATIONS LIZZ

Earl & Jan

Old 10-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #13
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlizz
WELL THIS IS SOMETHING GOOD
My first Grandchild arrived at 1 45pm this afternoon Mom and son are doing well but Gran is Knackered
lizz
That's great Liz, congratulations. How soon before you take him camping with you.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:39 PM   #14
GStream40
Site Team

Congratulations Liz!!!

Being a grandparent is one of life's greatest pleasures. One of the others is spoiling them and senting them home.

Our two grandsons, ages 2 and 7, just spent the weekend with us and they just went home a little while ago. Really tires us out, but it is a good type of tired. Grandma is asleep on the couch.

Ron
Old 10-30-2006, 07:43 AM   #15
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

Congratulations lizz that is good news. Does that mean that you can now go camping? lol just kidding.

C.Reilly Check out the DCNR website. The PA parks service has a dog program and some of the parks have alloted areas for pets. We usually go to Pine Grove Furnace State Park off of rt 233 south of 81 in adams county. If you deside to go let me know and maybe we can camp there at the same time. Off hand I know Hickory Run state park also has pet sites. But its tough getting a rig in there.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... /pets.aspx

Try this link for camping with pets.

Happy Camping
Old 11-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #16
Maggie

Congratulations Lizz on that new grandchild. Don't wait to long to break
him in to camping. While living in the UK we took our new son (who
is a British citizen) camping at the age of 6 months. It was a real experience. Found that we were camping on private property. I can't remember but I think it was Lord Bedfords. I do rember it was where they had the Shell Gotto. Met the owner and he invited us in and showed us around. You couldn't do that today. Oh! for the good old days of the late 50"s.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #17
justlizz

Hi all grandson came home today we had a bit of a scare and he was rushed to special care for a few hours but all is well now
Maggie his parents are campers they have a trailer tent so he will set off in the Spring
lizz
Old 11-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #18
earljan34

Great news Lizz! I sent you a e-mail but you answered my question good luck. By the way we had our daughter camping at 3 weeks, but it was warm then never to early.

Earl