Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Super_Coo

Default GFCI and Level Panel

Hi guys new issues with my 2006 Innsbruck 30TBR.

Last friday and again tonight we get here and the GFCI light is on in the kitchen area. Nothing plugged in and if the bathroom sink is also wired to it then there's a night light.

And last week after dumping the tanks before leaving the gray was showing 1/3 full even though empty and it still is. And maybe it never worked but the black I just filled quite full and its showing empty. I've never seen the black show even 1/3 but we don't use it much so i just assumed we never hit 1/3 full.

Not sure if either of my problems are related or even where to start.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Super_Coo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
Luckiest Dreamer

Default Re: GFCI and Level Panel

The tank gauges are notorious for being inaccurate. Especially the blackwater. TP etc will wrap around the sensor and it may not come off! You may have some luck with several different methods of cleaning and you may not! There have been many discussions on the subject, most likely on this site as well as others and running a search should allow you to read many of them.
When you unplug the nite light and reset the GFCI does it now work when you use other appliances? If so the light is the culprit! If not and it still trips the GFCI may need replaced as they do weaken with age. Beyond that, it would seem there may be something wired incorrectly. I apologize for my weakness in GFCI knowledge.