Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-28-2023, 11:55 PM   #1
Willyt

Default Bedroom slide 02 Friendship

Hello RVers…having an issue with my bedroom electric slide in my 02 Friendship. It’s the closet slide, not very big. It’s not extending but the motor is running, no movement at all. Has anyone had this problem….how to troubleshoot… where is the motor ?
On the side of the slide it has a scissor type mechanism. I would appreciate any help, thanks guys. !! Willyt
Willyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 11:54 AM   #2
Willyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyt View Post
Hello RVers…having an issue with my bedroom electric slide in my 02 Friendship. It’s the closet slide, not very big. It’s not extending but the motor is running, no movement at all. Has anyone had this problem….how to troubleshoot… where is the motor ?
On the side of the slide it has a scissor type mechanism. I would appreciate any help, thanks guys. !! Willyt
Ok…got it going !! No visible means to manually move this thing ! I suspected a sheared pin so I removed the three sided carpeted box covering the motor( in the shoe compartment) three screws on lower center of each side and one coming in from the wall side, you have to remove floor from the opposite closet to get to it but you have to remove floor anyway… I know…what a pain !! Now you can get to the four bolts holding motor on. Took the motor out, there was a chain driven gear connected to the single main shaft that moves this room !
The gear was spinning freely, sure enough, a sheared pin !! I confirmed that if I could get the room out I could fix it from underneath. My son was helping me brainstorm, we took a shot in the dark…the collar had one allen set screw(1/4”x20)… we tightened it down…low and behold it held and the room moved out. Took care of the rest from underneath…new shear pin and new set screw. Back in business…
God is good !!!
Willyt is offline   Reply With Quote