Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
bruceteri

Default owners manual

We just purchased a 1994 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser 34 foot. We have some of the manuals from the chassis and things the previous owner had installed but nothing from Gulfstream. I would like to get one. Anyone Have any ideas.
Thanks Bruce
Old 10-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
fatboylust

Unfortunately the owners manual from Gulf Stream is a generic one size fit all document. There would be a glued in label on the inside of the front cover with some specific weight information, but that is about it. If you contact: Kelly Telschow, Gulf Stream Coach Motorized Parts Rep @ [email protected] or

1-800-289-8787 Ext. 3304

Fax 574-830-1078

503 South Oakland Ave

Nappanee, IN 46550

She may be able to help.

Hope this helps
FBL
Old 10-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Kate P

Default Owners manual

The gulf stream owners manuals are not very good. But, you can find them archived on thier website www.gulfstreamcoach.com. Click on the "Services Tab" and you can select "Archived Literature" from the drop down box. Hope that helps
Kate
Old 10-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Kate P

Default Owners manual

Sorry, I gave you the site for the brochures. Here is the site for the owners manual. It has a place for a signature with a 1997 date so I don't think they have changed anything in it since then. It is not very helpful but all that I received from Gulf Stream.

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/download ... Manual.pdf

Hope that is more help,
Kate
Old 10-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #5
RJ82much

Ah, the age-old request/comment regarding Gulf Stream's documentation. The blue-covered, "Zerox'd" (who remembers THAT obsolete term?) manual...

Actually, truth-be-told, the Gulf Stream manual isn't that necessary. It could be a little more complete for "How-too's" instead of cover-thy-butt legal jargon, but remember, almost every component in a motorhome is manufactured by someone else. GS does a reasonable job of passing along those manufacturer's documents & warrantee cards with your new coach in a large portfolio. Apparently, this often gets misplaced by the dealer, or in the case of a used MH, the previous owner never surrenders it. Unfortunately, often those papers are installation instructions rather than operating manuals.

I found it to be a good winter project to record the model & serial number of every component and do a web search for each manufacturer. I contact them & request or download their manuals. They are happy to help. For example, I obtained manuals for my radio, amplified antenna, transfer switch, power convertor, water heater, light & electrical fixtures, dash switches, waste tanks, disconnect relays, etc etc.

Ever hear of "River Park"? Me neither until I spied the mystery box under the dash... It's the switch box for entertainment system speakers. This company also makes the unidentified mystery input/output (3x3) switch box for your TV's and antenna signals. Another example: Where would you go to get a matching replacement dinete light fixture? (Guftason) or how about the lighted entry door handle?

The documentation that is necessary to recieve from GS, that will never be released, is the ac & dc electrical diagrams as well as plumbing diagrams. They guard those with a (foolish) passion. A few owners have obtained CD's, but I understand they were cable-build drawings rather than schematics. sigh.

Sorry to go on & on (that's me), but Bruce, your sure picked a topic dear to my heart!

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote