Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

View Poll Results: Would you buy another Gulf Stream product?
Yes 17 47.22%
No 10 27.78%
Not sure 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
Timothy

Default Would you buy another Gulf Stream product?

Just wondering how everyone feels about thier Gulf Stream. Not sure how this works but I thought I would give it a try.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
Maggie

We have had 3 Gulfstreams in the last 15 years. The first one for
10 years. No problems at all. It was great. The 2nd for 4 years and you don't want to know about all of the problem. The last one we have had for about 18 months and the jury is still out on this one.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #3
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

My first one was an old one a 1988 Sun Vista. We were happy with it and when we upgraded we decided to get another Gulfstream.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #4
Roy Buzzard

I am for the most part pleased with my GS. Was a little disappointed at first. This is the 3rd camper we've owned, the 1st were a Coachman and a Jayco. I had absolutely no problems with those. The GS had a lot of problems but on the up-side, they have all been minor(just nagging items) Hopefully we have finally worked through all of them.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
gsadmin

Sorry, if we are talking about whether or not I would buy one again assuming the current state of service and documentation (my biggest pet peeve) I would say no. I like my coach alot, i like the layout and the interior the most. However, my next rig purchase will require full disclosure on documentation similar to that of Winnebago and others.

Trust me, if you a a DIYer and you have a complex rig, that documentation is priceless down the road.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
Timothy

I read on another forum that Glendale was sued because the wiring diagrams they supplied were not accurate, maybe this is why Gulf Stream and others don't supply wiring diagrams. I have done some wiring changes on my fifth wheel and most of the wiring was fairly simple to figure out, however I know that a Class A coach wiring would be much more complex.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #7
gsadmin

If that were the concern, GS could require a waiver and also have a waiver statement in the documentation itself. That is a really weak argument. If you go out to the Winnebago site and browse around, you will find wiring and plumbing diagrams for numerous models and the detail on these drawings is stunning.

At one time, car manufactures restricted access to service manuals for their vehicles. This restricted non-dealer mechanics and driveway mechanics from being able to properly service the vehicle and therefore force the owner to go to the factory dealer service center (sound familiar). This practice has since been abandoned and one can obtain full DVD service guides (on eBay) on a vehicle. I would suspect this was done as a result of a lawsuit...but maybe it was just good customer service...

Many of us have heard the reasons (excuses) for GS not releasing this info to owners (proprietary info, legal liability, etc.) but none of them really hold water.

If you are not a DIYer you may think that this should not matter to you since you will always and forever take your rig into a service facility. But, what happens when you are out in the middle of BFE and the only RV service place around has never seen your pretty little GS rig before...would you like to be his guinea pig as he pokes around to see what wires are what and where the plumbing lines are run and how...wouldn't you rather hand him a set of drawings and documentation? And if not for that reason, how about the fact that it will prob make the 4 hour job 2 hours...at $90-$125 an hour those drawings and documentation are beginning to sound pretty good, aren't they?
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:02 PM   #8
poordevil

I am new to this Forum. Have been on RVNet/Goodsam/Woodalls for some time now. I have a 99 SunVoyager Bus (8362SVB), 8.3C, 275HP turbo Diesel, single slide, 37' with exhaust brake. This is my 4th RV, and am happy with it. I have had some problems, and have been very disappointed by not having diagrams. I am lucky in the fact I have all the electrical wiring diagrams for the coach, over 75 pages. I have been trying to find the plumbing diagrams, but to no avail. It has cost me many hours of hunt and peck and waisted time. I had a water leak underneath in the plumbing area last april while in Arizona last April, and it took me three days of taking different plates off and checking, and finally found out where the leak was coming from. No need. My last 3 RV's had complete diagrams with them, wiring, plumbing, everything. I WILL NEVER AGAIN purchase an RV without all the supporting diagrams with the Coach at the time I sign and drive off. Gulf Stream needs to get with the program and come into the 21st century. Just my .02 worth.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:26 PM   #9
ronbo

Hi -

Nope, never again. No way. No how. Not even if it was GIVEN to me.

Had a 2004 37' Atrium for maybe 6 months, never had so much trouble with a product, or dealer, or manufacturer before. I finally gave up when my gripe-list was over 6 pages long and getting longer.

Took a bath money-wise trading it in on a Monaco DP, but it was worth it.

Good luck.
ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 04:31 PM   #10
darbyjudy

Default Would I buy another Gulfstream coach

Well if I can get the two water leaks solved, Yes I would, for we like everything else about the motor home. I think you will have problems with what ever you buy.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #11
rene

Default Not a chance

Too many problems and not enough solutions. Going camper hunting soon if I had to guess... I've had my 2006 Gulf Breeze 23TRS for too long now.
2007 Conquest 275FBS and sold.
rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:33 PM   #12
AAFD

No, We have not had any luck with Gulf Stream with issues on our coach. We love the layout but we will be moving into a small DP. Most liking a tiffin or Holiday Rambler product!

KC
Old 04-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #13
Tundrasport

NO!

Here is why I vote no http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?t=539[/url]
Old 04-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #14
bad42

NO WAY.

This is my fourth motorhome, (first GS). I understand that there are going to be some issues with a new purchase. My concern is the lack of support from the manufacturer.

It appears that calls to the customer service line are being screened because no one answers the phone directly, forcing you to leave a voice message. Call backs, when they occur, are less than prompt.

Additionally, in two cases that I'm aware of, dealers are reluctant to perform warranty work that requires any investment in time and materials. Supposedly Gulfstream frequently lowballs them on reimbursement.

Donna, navigator
2007 Sun Voyager 8389MXG, Steer Safe, ULTRAPOWER, Ultratrac Bar's, CAI, Taylor Extreme's, Bilstein's on front, Koni 90's on rear
06 Saturn Vue, Falcon II, Brake Buddy
FMCA 365149, IRV2
bad42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:47 AM   #15
by8s

No. We had a Coachmen 5th wheel before, wish we had it back. Gulfstream has little or no quality control and lots of poor workmanship. On the positive side, we get a lot of compliments on it and it is comfortable for full timing. "Mr. Worthmore" quit answering my questions about a year ago. Very disappointing.
by8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
RJ82much

I try so hard to be upbeat.

That said, you've noticed that Mr Worthmore isn't?

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:05 AM   #17
by8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ82much
I try so hard to be upbeat.

That said, you've noticed that Mr Worthmore isn't?
Sorry about the negative post. He's there, just not answering. This forum, however, more than makes up for it.
Cheers!
Bob
by8s is offline   Reply With Quote