Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
Jim

Default cracks in side wall near the bed room slide

Has any one had stress cracks in the side of a Yellowstome near the bed room slide, if so how were the repaired?
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
yellowstone63

Default Cracks on yellowstone

Jim

I had to have repairs done on my 34FBR twice. Then the factory came up with the bandaid fix. The first repair lasted just about 4 months. The same shop did the work the second time and found they had a problem inside the fiber glass. Corrected that mistake and didn't have anymore problems until I brought it up at the International rally. That is when the factory said they had the proper fix. Cut the fiber glass like a stress crack and put a piece of rubber over it and put a little of cauck around it. So far no new cracks. I have seen the same problem on other 5th wheels also. Best thing you can do is find a good shop that has a fiber glass man. My dealer sent me to the local boat shop and sent the bill to Gulfstream since it was still under warranty
yellowstone63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:14 AM   #3
Jim forgrave

Send a message via ICQ to Jim forgrave

I think that is or was a pretty common problem with the bedroom slides. When we were at the factory a couple years ago with our 01 Seahawk for a different reason, there was 2 of us there with the same fracture crack. Mine was very slight and I didn't stay over the 2 days it would have taken to get it fixed. The other guy said they cut out the area & added a corner bracket & then resurfaced. It was a 2 day process for him and we were in a hurry to get home so we didn't have ours done. Now, they don't do any repairs at the factory and we have since updated to bigger unit. Good luck.

https://photos.imageevent.com/jimandm...ler%20logo.jpg
Jim forgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:56 AM   #4
Larry Moore

We had ours fixed in Aug. of this year. As stated above the factory fix is to cut out the corner and add a gusset to the frame. I also have been looking at other makes of 5th wheels and have seen the problem in many other brands. Aside from having to take it to the factory and find places to go while they worked on it GS made it relativly painless.
Larry
Larry Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:24 AM   #5
dmfaiman

Default My 2006 Prairie Schooner 34 FBR Has a crack off the bedroom

Last time out my wife noticed a crack in the wall at the bottom left of the bedroom slide it was about 4 inches long, we just got back from our trip and now the crack is about 8 inches long, it was open about an 1/8 inch near the slide until I put the jacks down, then it closed up, I took it to the repair shop today, they said that it was most likely a structural problem and that they would let me know what Gulfstream says on how to fix it.

We really love it because it has soooo much room when the rear slides are out, we take friends and family with us so the more room the better. I will post an update as soon as I know the outcome of the repairs.

2006 Prairie Schooner 34 FBR
2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel
dmfaiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #6
Coolbreeze

Keep us updated. Although many manufacturers have this problem it doesn't make it right. It just says they all need a better design.

Best of luck on getting that repaired and it sounds like you have a great attitude.

Mike C
Old 06-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
dmfaiman

Default Crack by Bedroom Slide

We had the same issue with our 2006 PS 34MBR, we took it to the dealer and the got it fixed, turns out that they had to put a gusset in to support the week point there. Everything is great now and the crack has not returned.

2006 Prairie Schooner 34 FBR
2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel
dmfaiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
ATVhaulin

Please read the 11th post down the page. If interested read other posts about this guys credentials. Amazing!http://www.toyhaulermagazine.com/for...showtopic=1776