Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
CareyJ

Default 23RSS Shower Floor

On our 2020 23RSS there is a lot of flex in our shower floor. It starts about the center and becomes pronounced moving toward the drain. My fear is that this eventually cause the floor to crack.

Is this common/normal? If not - how does one go about fixing this?
CareyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
gjr902

Every camper shower I've had is exactly the same as what you are describing. I have no suggestions for a fix. There are always some firm spots and that's where I try to stand. It makes me nuts, for what we pay for the camper, this shouldn't be an issue. Good luck
gjr902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:31 PM   #3
Rax

Hey there I have a 2018 amerilite mine does the same thing but I would pay attention to the drain
I would have water leaking all over the place and I couldn't figure out what it was
I even thought I was a pipe
Turns out the caulking around the drain and cracked because of the flex you are talking about and as ws approached the drain it would descend and water would gush out from around the caulking so I bought some silicone and now its.better than new
Hope this helps
Rax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:08 AM   #4
GS36FRSG14

We had the same issue. We asked the park RV tech to “fix it” and I believe he somehow got some extra 2x4s (I may be off on the size) under there. So now we have strategic spots where you can feel more support when standing.
More
GS36FRSG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:11 PM   #5
Gingersdad

Default Floor flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyJ View Post
On our 2020 23RSS there is a lot of flex in our shower floor. It starts about the center and becomes pronounced moving toward the drain. My fear is that this eventually cause the floor to crack.

Is this common/normal? If not - how does one go about fixing this?
X 2 on floor needing more support. Mine started flexing after I replaced my drain. I played with it till I was able to get the drain nut positioned where there was additional support. Go under shower and brace the flooring up. Doesn't take much. I was able to go thru my storage area. I did have the same concern as you did. I was sure it would crack if I didn't fix the flex. Good luck.
Gingersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:22 AM   #6
Uofu4u2

Default Same here

I was going to place extra supports under shower pan until someone said I risked cracking the shower due to torsional movement of the sub-floor during traveling. Made me think. So I still have a lot of flex in my shower floor.
2019 Vintage Cruiser 19ERD.
Uofu4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #7
Gingersdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uofu4u2 View Post
I was going to place extra supports under shower pan until someone said I risked cracking the shower due to torsional movement of the sub-floor during traveling. Made me think. So I still have a lot of flex in my shower floor.
2019 Vintage Cruiser 19ERD.
IMHO... If that were true, think of all the granite counter tops and floor tile that would crack in those high end rigs. They don't flex much at all. The shower pan flexes a lot all the time. I would worry more about it over flexing as you orginally wrote. I may have thought this was normal too if mine did not flex when I took a shower till I switched out the pee trap. Besides, my wife didn't like the flexing. She too thought it was going to crack due to over flexing. Happy wife, happy life
Gingersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:08 AM   #8
CareyJ

Thanks one and all for the responses. I am going to crawl under the trailer today and check it out.
CareyJ is offline   Reply With Quote