Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-20-2019, 10:23 AM   #1
prtybus08

Default 12v ignition issue

Hi. I have a 08 independence 8330 on a 07 workhorse chassis 8.1 with allison trans. i had a intermittent problem with losing power to jack control panel, trailer brakes , heated mirrors , dash fan and A/C -vent fan. it finally went dead. have narrowed it down to pink ignition wire that runs to solenoid under drivers seat compartment not supplying power. can’t find any relays on steering column or in that area. have read about burnt wires /relays but nothing obvious. just gonna run a separate wire and inline fuse with toggle switch for now but would like to find the real problem. any help would be appreciated.
prtybus08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
Restorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by prtybus08 View Post
Hi. I have a 08 independence 8330 on a 07 workhorse chassis 8.1 with allison trans. i had a intermittent problem with losing power to jack control panel, trailer brakes , heated mirrors , dash fan and A/C -vent fan. it finally went dead. have narrowed it down to pink ignition wire that runs to solenoid under drivers seat compartment not supplying power. can’t find any relays on steering column or in that area. have read about burnt wires /relays but nothing obvious. just gonna run a separate wire and inline fuse with toggle switch for now but would like to find the real problem. any help would be appreciated.
You are saying that the pink wire has no power when you turn on the key?

If that is the case then there's a fuse in the small fuse box by the drivers feet.

If the pink wire has power but the accessories do not then the solenoid that the pink wire goes to is bad.

I have had them both go out at the same time.

If it's the solenoid I can help source that for you.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #3
Restorium

Check this out for reference and a picture;
http://www.gsowners.com/forums/showt...highlight=dash
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote