Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
bobbyra

Default Shower in 19rbs vintage cruiser

The shower in this is by for the worst i have ever seen no caulk or geocel between the frame and walls. And shower pan only has a inch rise on the back. The wall was 1/2 inch out from the lipp and 1/2 high there is a flaw in the design.The box with on off knobs there was some caulk but not enough you can see all the way through looking down the glass door not mounted right. At camper world in fort myers fla where i bought this.2 weeks ago on the showroom floor there was one just like mine it has the same problem and i told them they said the customer will bring it in when it leaks.That is going to be a nice vacation for someone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00004.jpg (21.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 00007.jpg (28.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 00008.jpg (46.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 0002.jpg (18.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 00001.jpg (30.7 KB, 20 views)
bobbyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #2
Ramprat

Just bought a new vista cruiser 23 QBS. looks like the shower I have. I have the same leak in my shower. Taking it to the dealer next week for fix. Will let you know. Happy camping.
Ramprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
bobbyra

It was It seeping water where the aluminium goes up the plastic shower wall there was no caulk at all just some screws. I was able to get a dental irrigation syringe full of e6000 and get it between the plastic and the aluminum had to take the screws out first.The box for the shower i took it off and put 1/2 x 1/2 square wood dowel rods from home depot something the screws can get a bite on i pre drilled so it don't crack use stainless screws to keep the rust down and used e6000 and caulk around the shower box. I did not have time to wait for c world a month to get it in.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #4
Ramprat

When the water runs down the shower wall it is captured on the floor basin lip which is not high enough behind the wall and it leaks out. Looks a like a design flaw. Camper not a house will check out your deal when I go.
Ramprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:59 AM   #5
bobbyra

Yes it is on a porous surface and they put no geocel caulk between pan and frame so the water finds its way out. And the shower wall does not set down on the pan it is a half inch to high & half inch from the lip of the pan so water
splashes up and behind it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25.jpg (157.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 00001.jpg (30.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 0002.jpg (18.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 32.jpg (61.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-09-2020, 12:31 PM   #6
bobbyra

You think gulf stream would see this and do something but all they see is $ not the happiness of the customer.