Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-14-2015, 03:36 PM   #161
mefrige

Default Re: Gulf Stream Visa

I am actually going to be using the new lighter Hensley Arrow Cub, Supposed to eliminate competently trailer sway, for $1700 I hope so!! 60 day Guarantee - we'll see.
mefrige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:41 PM   #162
MikeK

Let me know how it works out and Happy Camping
https://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/...psbmjsyrcu.jpg
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #163
jayrock

Picking up the new (well used) 2011 Visa 19RSD today, can not wait. Still need to get the tranny cooler on the Grand Caravan 2013, but we will be ready to go for may long weekend. Super excited to get it home tonight after my walk through and to start getting it ready to go.
jayrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #164
mefrige

Just picked up the New 2013 RSD and towed it 1500 mi with my 2006 Tundta V8 and the Hensley Cub and it towed like a DREAM...parked it out front and the Kids camped in it the first night...Some minor cosmetic issues but looking forward to a summer of fun.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #165
jayrock

Picked up the Visa on Friday...love it, a couple little things need to be fixed up, but that is the trouble with buying used.

Two quick things.

1. How do I repair the main seal on the front left side of the trailer. It looks like a chunck of the plastic was hit by a stone.

2. What type of hose do I use on the exterior propane quick connect.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #166
tinapetel

"What type of hose do I use on the exterior propane quick connect." Camping World and other stores with propane accessories have these hoses all made up.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #167
jayrock

How do I get to the water pump on my 2011 Visa 19RSD
Old 05-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #168

It should be closed to the fresh water tank and fix on the floor
Old 05-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #169
jeg1944

Under the bed near fresh water tank.
jeg1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:09 PM   #170
mefrige

Anyone have experience installing a spare tire mount on the rear bumper? I found this on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlso ... al_qh_dp_t) to free up storage space in under the bed but the U bolts are too long ... wondering if the C-bumper can even handle the weight?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:11 PM   #171
philabele

The bumper cannot handle the weight. Other forums have shown owners who installed auxiliary hitch assemblies by reinforcing the bumper and attaching fasteners to both the bumper and a cross frame member.
philabele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:37 AM   #172
Fionasgarden

Default Visa 2012- dinette to bed?

My husband and I just bought a used 2012 Visa 19RGU. We are loving it so far!

For the life of us we cannot figure out how to configure the dinette cushions into a bed. We can get the table lowered and into place but the cushions don’t seem to fit into a bed no matter which way we try.

Does anyone have a photo or diagram they could
Share?

Thank you!
Fiona and Rob Jones
Victoria, BC Canada 🇨🇦
Fionasgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:28 PM   #173
Fionasgarden

/var/folders/yr/9y6qwrpn73gf8m_rdmwsb6lw0000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_4340-3.jpeg
Old 08-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #174
amblttow

We have a 2011 19RGU and are very happy with it. Love the tubless shower and there is under bed storage. Had to install 3 inch lift kit - original height of unit is way too low - lost 2 stab. jacks. Tows like a dream with a full size p/u truck. Only reduces normal fuel economy by a factor of 5- 6 l/100km. Lack of kitchen drawers was a problem but we solved that.

Cheers
amblttow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #175
amblttow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionasgarden View Post
My husband and I just bought a used 2012 Visa 19RGU. We are loving it so far!

For the life of us we cannot figure out how to configure the dinette cushions into a bed. We can get the table lowered and into place but the cushions don’t seem to fit into a bed no matter which way we try.

Does anyone have a photo or diagram they could
Share?

Thank you!
Fiona and Rob Jones
Victoria, BC Canada 🇨🇦
We have same model purch used, table damaged so we had no idea it could be lowered. Not big enough for bed anyway. You may find you will need a lift kit on the axle. Originial design very low.

Cheers

Gerry & Jill
St. Marys. Ont.
Daughter in Victoria
Old 08-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #176
amblttow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefrige View Post
Anyone have experience installing a spare tire mount on the rear bumper? I found this on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlso ... al_qh_dp_t) to free up storage space in under the bed but the U bolts are too long ... wondering if the C-bumper can even handle the weight?

2011 19RGU Spare mounts under tlr on RF corner. What model do you have?
Old 08-23-2018, 12:32 PM   #177
amblttow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guylene View Post
Hello to all!
I am new to this board, I am also an almost new owner of a VISA 19erd.
I really enjoy reading everyones comments, this is a great way to get informations
We purchased our TT almost a year ago and traveled from campsite to campsite for 3 months non stop and never had any problem with it except for it being to low. We live in BC. Canada and I was wondering if anyone knows where we can buy the lift kit that everyone is talking about.
Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the manual awning on the VISA 19erd, I'm wanting to purchase the Carefree extra room.
By the way we really enjoy our TT, it is perfect for the 2 of us!
We purchased a lift kit by Lippert from Camp Out RV in Stratford Ont. If this forum has private message facility I will correspond with you that way and try to get you the part number.

Gerry
Old 08-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #178
Fionasgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by amblttow View Post
We have same model purch used, table damaged so we had no idea it could be lowered. Not big enough for bed anyway. You may find you will need a lift kit on the axle. Originial design very low.

Cheers

Gerry & Jill
St. Marys. Ont.
Daughter in Victoria
Thanks for your reply!
We alresdy installed lift kit as soon as we got our Visa- so necessary because, like you, we found the original height far too low and knew we would have bottomed out all over the place.
We just got home from a 2 week camping trip in Washington State with our Visa; we truly LOVE our unit!
Old 08-23-2018, 03:00 PM   #179
amblttow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionasgarden View Post
Thanks for your reply!
We alresdy installed lift kit as soon as we got our Visa- so necessary because, like you, we found the original height far too low and knew we would have bottomed out all over the place.
We just got home from a 2 week camping trip in Washington State with our Visa; we truly LOVE our unit!

We took ours all the way around the Gaspé Penninsula two years ago- great trip, hills and curves just like the road to Tofino. 4500 km of fun. Tows like a dream with a Ford F150 w/ 5l V8. Don't even need our WDH. Cost of towing on fuel economy is about 5 or 6 litres/ 100km unless we get bad winds.

Cheers
Old 08-23-2018, 03:16 PM   #180
amblttow

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulchampagne7 View Post
Hi,

Just bought a 2012 VISA rbk and a Pathfinder V6. My new kit replaces a 2006 Cougar 28 feet fith wheel and a 2007 Gas Silverado 2500. Objective is to lower gas bills ( We averaged 8,8 mpg us gallons, 26,5 l / 100 km) and this tandem was very difficult to back up in narrow national parks campgrounds.

Plus of new Visa were aerodynamic profile, solid roof, lots of windows, large fridge, dual wheels, large shower, walk around bed.

Minus was 22,5 feet camper lenght, our objective was 20, small kitchen, no drawers for ustensils, limited cargo capacity, we were spoiled by the fith wheel.

On our first trip wich was very brief, we averaged 12,9 mpg us gallons, 18,5 l/100 km. I think I can fare a little better on the long run. I drive very conservative, i.e. 55-60 mph. Our area is hilly countryside, as in Vermont.

Paul Champagne
Ayer's Cliff
Quebec

We have a 2011 19 RGU, and love it. Towed with an F150 5l, it only eats up about 5 or 6 l per 100, so not too bad. We had a 3" lift kit installed after losing 2 stab. jacks entering a mall parking lot in Rimouski. Toured the Gaspé 2 yrs ago- you should try it if you haven't already. Great trip, and you're halfway there already compared to us.

Gerard Haliburton
St. Marys Ont.