Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Home Skillet

Default Lack of heat in master bedroom.

It was 33F in Dallas TX this past weekend.
GS was kind enough to design only one heater vent in the master bedroom.
The bedroom was 44F all night, while the rest of the RV was 75F.

I guess I'll have to block off some of the vents to force more heat into the bedroom.

2005 GS Conquest
Home Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
galena

It is not the best design, but I can't believe it was that big of a temperature difference. There is a vent in the middle bath and one beside the bed so not sure how you could get that big of a temperature gradiant. I had the dealer block some of the air going to compartment areas and it made very little difference. When I added additional support to the shower floor, I found they only have about a 1 1/2 air line running to back vent. I would suggest you check you are getting full flow out of the two other vents, you should not have that big of difference in temperature unless something is wrong.
galena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
woodworker414

Hey Homeskillet, we have a 2003 GS, on the last trip to our sons house in N IL, darn cold 6, the master stayed nice and comfy, the bath over heats, I will have to block that vent some, same size vent in bath as in the rest of the C, to much heat in there. The bath should have at max a 2" vent, IMO. In that cold the coach stay warm with no problem
Maybe you could run another duct to master, on my furnace, there is, I can't remember, one or two knock outs that had not been used. The reason I know this, I had to pull furnace to clear out spider webs. I knew the furnace wasn't working when we bought the C, but the price was adjusted to reflect the cost of a new furnace being installed. But I thought it needed just to be cleaned. Yep, so I saved a lot of money.
Bill