Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
NeylaB

Default Carpets, Slides, Newbie RV and Marital Bliss

My husband and I are brand new to the RV world and are planning on using our 2008 Supernova 6331 to make three yearly MA to AZ and/or CO trips for work. We have two dogs and two toddlers and in our three local trips, have managed to destroy the carpets!! (very easy to do when 4 of the 6 residents slobber and/or continuously drop food and drinks!)

In a fit of madness I started pulling up the carpet on the main floor, underneath the slide (the slide was out) and was delighted to see that the linoleum went all the way across the floor. Midway through the carpet pull one of my two toddlers needed immediate assistance, as they so often do, and I had to stop my carpet removal, pull in our slides and be on our way - oh did I forget to mention that we were actually out on a trip when I was struck mad? However, my husband (who is NOT pleased that I ripped up the carpet) and I both noticed that there is a now a gap between the slide floor and where the slide used to rest on a bed of carpet and foam padding.

So here are my questions. Has anyone else removed their carpeting? Do I admit my colossal error and pay to get carpet reinstalled because the slide needs the extra padding as it comes in? Or do I continue my removal and rip ALL the carpeting out (what I truly want to do!)

Carpets, kids, dogs and camping do not MIX!

RV and marital bliss depend on all your lovely experience, so any info would be greatly appreciated!
NeylaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
Georunner

My wife too has fits of madness. Yesterday, she tore out the couch and the middle dinning room bench. Now I have to make a table, get another lounge chair etc. Sorry I can't help with suggestions on the carpet, except there has to be a way to go without. The slide out can be adjusted, but I don't know if that would help or not. By the way, my wife say's go for it. Perhaps I should have a talk with her about marital bliss, but after 37 years I know who would win that one.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
PORTABLE PARADISE

Default Carpet removal

Let me know how it goes, I have 3 boys... need I say more? Want the capet gone too but was also concerned about the noise level?
PORTABLE PARADISE is offline   Reply With Quote