Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
stonesfan

Default Need " New " Starting Batteries....

We have a 2008 Tour Master with a 425hp Cummins Diesel Motor, any suggestions on which Brand of Starting Batteries we should purchase........................

Thanks in advance,
Stoney
stonesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
RayHarkness

Default Re: Need " New " Starting Batteries....

well...I do NOT like Interstate Batteries....that is what was on our coach...replace them once..crap..
TROJAN are the best....not sure if they have starting batteries.

Actually..I would shop around and get a top name...get the dimensions of your batteries and shop around.
I am suprised they are bad already...seems like they could last a bit longer.
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
RayChez1

I am sure you already bought some batteries, But for future information I just replaced my chassis batteries this summer with Napa heavy duty batteries. I had Interstate before and I did get six years out of them, but these Napa batteries cost less, but have a three year warranty on them. I really like them.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
RayHarkness

thats good to know. I KNOW...and did some research, that these batteries are often made by ONE manufacturer..which It hink is Johnson Control...they just brand them with different names. Trojan are the best, but I heard they are really the same batteries..made by JControl.

My last time, I bought some EXIDE golf cart batteries at SAms Club....gees...think I p aid 70 each for them...best price around and these have been GREAT....
I have heard NAPA stuff is really good...basically the same as other brand name, just relabled for them....so why not?

I hated those Interstate batteries...I tried them in our boat years ago..and didn't like them then....oh well..

all is well down here...for now..bit cool!!! but no snow...r
Old 05-03-2014, 06:46 AM   #5
RayHarkness

wow..what a topic. I originaly has problems with Interstate Batteries, but they seem to have improved..not sure if you know..but if you find an interstate COMPANY location near you, you can go there, and they will replace them for you for no charge. Starting batteries are different beasts..Specially with that size engine. GO HIGH Amp and power. dont' cut corners on this one. House batteries you can work with. I put in these Workhorse Interstate Batteries, matched the other size perfectly, and very happy.
takes a lot of juice to turn that engine over. Stay in commercial truck battery makers. I stay away from Autzone or those other places. These batteries are important. Well taken care of, and they will last a long time as well....

thats my take on things. Very happy with Interstate Workhorse, 2 12v in series. I am sure your pretty similar....ask anything...dont' cut corners on this one!!! I did once..learned my lesson.