Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
Sst1226

Default Endura value with leaky roof

May have an opportunity to look at an 05 endura with less than 10,000 miles and the 8.1 gas engine. The bad is that it has been sitting for an unknown amount of time. The tires are dry rotted and need to be replaced and I'm assuming calipers and brake hoses would be in order as well. Finally, I'm told the roof is leaking around the vents and ac for an unknown amount of time and the headliner would need to be pulled down and everything checked. Owner will take"reasonable" offers. Looking at other posts it appears that roof leaks are not uncommon on these. So, given the mileage and everything stated above, what would be a reasonable range to offer depending on the severity of the water damage? I'm trying to get a ballpark range in my mind before I decide to go look at it.
Sst1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #2
SlimTim

Without knowing the extent of the water damage that's a hard question to answer. I can say personally I would only offer $15-20k at the most. I recently sold a similar RV as the Endura but it was a 2007 with the Duramax Diesel and Allison transmission. The RV only had 25k miles brand new tires and was in very good condition. I can tell you it was difficult to even get $60K for it and I know the gas versions were selling for $10-15k less. So knowing this and knowing what water ingress can do to an RV, $15-20k would be the most I would pay.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
bfrazier

Did you do some research on the NADA Guide for RV's? That's where I would start to begin figuring value - then make a list of the cost of repairs. Heck, go to a big repair facility and ask for a quote.
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote