Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
jayme

Default Re BT Cruiser construction

I have just purchased a used Cruiser, and noticed right away that the dinnette side window was minus the side valances (found them in the compartments under the seats) After measuring the clearances I found that with the original placement, the table could'd be removed. I raised them and then found out that the seat cushions could't be raised (reason for removal) Shortening the side valences would look odd, and was wondering if anyone else had come accross this problem, and what their solution was. Thanks for any input.............John
jayme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
jayme

Default Re: Re BT Cruiser construction

I finally figured out how to install the side valances and still have access to the storage cabinets under the seats, without modifying them. Now, to see if there are any other problems........John
Old 04-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
jayme

Default Re: Re BT Cruiser construction

While checking the Cruiser for any further problems, I happened to notice some dust(dirt) in the bottom of the washroom cabinet. After removing the partition, I noticed about 1/4" of mud on the floor. After removing the cabinet door and partially crawling in I saw that there was a gap of about 1/2" where the floor had been cut out for the toilet drain near the rear side of the black water tank. As this couldn't be reached from the bottom side, I stuffed heavy duty tin foil in from the top and then filled with expandable foam, topped with aluminum tape. Later inspection found similar "gaps" under the sink next to the hot water tank. Left open, could be easy access for rodents, and could cause water damage to the interior.