Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
Sharyn

Default Look for HELP reaching Gulfstream - need to order parts

Gee is it just me or are you all having trouble reaching Gulfstream via their 800 number. I've been trying for over a week - no one responds to my call, messages or emails.

I need to order a bedspread for our 2006 Gulfstream Tour Master. We are the second owner, the first owner felt compelled to take the matching bedspread and pillows, so I need to replace.

If anyone has a name or phone number of someone who can help me - please email. I've tried all the numbers and emailed all the addresses posted on the Gulfstream site.

We are starting to think we made a HUGE mistake buying this make/model.

Regards... and thanks in advance.
Sharyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
lockdoc

Default Re: Look for HELP reaching Gulfstream - need to order parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharyn
Gee is it just me or are you all having trouble reaching Gulfstream via their 800 number. I've been trying for over a week - no one responds to my call, messages or emails.

I need to order a bedspread for our 2006 Gulfstream Tour Master. We are the second owner, the first owner felt compelled to take the matching bedspread and pillows, so I need to replace.

If anyone has a name or phone number of someone who can help me - please email. I've tried all the numbers and emailed all the addresses posted on the Gulfstream site.

We are starting to think we made a HUGE mistake buying this make/model.

I have some phone number in my reserve phone log but thay are all for the luxury towables division. I have a cell phone number for the towables sales manager so I get good responses when I need to talk to him or get questions answered.

Good luck to you. If you can get the sales manager for the Class A division you might have better luck.

Regards... and thanks in advance.
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #3
RV Wizard

Try 574-773-7761 if the 800 number is not getting you anywhere. Ask for someone in parts. All my contacts are for dealer services, sorry, they would not be of any help. Good luck and enjoy you Tour Master.
iRV2.com -Gulf Stream Owners Forum Leader
2000 Scenic Cruiser
99 Chevy Silverado 4 X 4 Toad
2006 Saturn Vue AWD Toad
NASCAR #3 & #8
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
RJ82much

Ah, the age-old problem.

First, the bad news: Well over a year ago I asked for their supplier for towel racks & such. I'm still waiting. Most similar requests go unanswered/unacknowledged.

A name that is EXCELLENT for response & courtesy is:
Scott A Pullin, VP of operations, 1-800-289-8787 x3720. Seems to me that contacting a company vice president is overkill, but with Gulf Stream, it's required.

I have a note that the parts manager is at 1-800-289-8787 x3321.
I have another note for customer service, 1-800-482-6456 x3566. I'm not so sure I ever got human contact at those.

If you get a name at the factory, their email format seems to be: first name intitial, sometimes middle initial, & full last name @gulfstreamcoach.com

So, for example, Scott A Pullin should answer email at:
[email protected] or at [email protected]

The electrical engineer, Terry Staley answers at:
[email protected]

David Boots is the National Service Manager. I think his email is [email protected]. Supposedly, [email protected] will get to him, but don't hold your breath.

One more dirty little secret: GS employees lurk at the RV forums (IRV2.com, etc) With a little detective work, you'll find "Rockydog" is a product development engineer at GS, "VWman" is their electrical engineer, (& a few others that I've lost track of). You can send an email to any forum member, though you won't get the address. Send a message to a "suspect" & ask outright if they are a GS employee, or ask if they can help. It worked for me; that's how I found their electrical engineer.

Let us know if you have any success. If all else fails, perhaps [email protected] will work?

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
GStream40
Site Team

Did you try to go through your dealer?

Gulf Stream usually only sells parts through the dealer and that also includes replacement pillows and bedspreads.

GS does sell parts at the Gulf Streamers International Rally to the owners. It is being held in June in Goshen, IN at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:30 PM   #6
Maggie

Dave Boots left Gulf Stream almost a year ago. I was always able to
get what I needed by going through him. I was told that was why he was no longer there. He took too good care of the customers.
Are you a member of the Gulf Streamers Club? According to the information that was sent to members you are suppose to get 10% on
all parts orders from the parts dept. They gave us the following numbers, motorized 1-800-482-6456 or 1-800-289-8787, ext. 3005. Towable, 1-899-482-6451. Don't know if this will help.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
Sharyn

Default Guess what.... someone from GS called me back

I heard from GS customer service - after my email spamming and phone calls. I will however keep all the detail from the return posts - thank you everyone for your ideas.

So, the deal was GS couldn?t quote the price for me. I had to reach a dealer to get the price, (middle man oh no.) They called the dealer for me and the dealer call back with a quote.

The price for the darn bedspread is $560 yes you read that correctly. I just laugh and shake my head - I guess we are in the big time now and bedspreads cost $560 when you have a GS Tour Master.

So, the final on this story, last night I went to Macy's and got the best matching ensemble set I could find for $79, I'm not cheap simply frugal.

Thanks all for responding. I hope I don't have to come back to this site with another issue. My fingers are crossed.
Sharyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:00 AM   #8
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

$560. for a bed spread that they paid a buck three eighty seven for when they built the coach. Just a little mark up on parts. We just replaced ours for about $70.