Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
tcrsolutions

Default Fuse location for Hazard Flashers??

I have a 1995 Scenic Cruiser. Recently the hazard flashers started blinking very fast or would go solid and not flash at all. I noticed the turn signal flasher relay was the same as the hazard relay, so I swapped and that confirmed my theory that the relay had gone out. I picked up a new relay and replaced; but I think the fuse may have blown when I did this. Now the hazards do not come on at all with the new relay, and I've even put the old relay and the turn signal relay in (to rule out a bad relay that I might have just purchased) and nothing.

I have searched the only two places I know of for the fuse and can not locate it. In the same compartment (on the outside of the coach, in the outer door below the drivers seat where the relay is located) there is a fuse compartment. I've checked all of these fuses and they are all good. The only other location I've ever seen fuses is at the rear of the coach in the bedroom, and I believe all of those fuses are for the coach itself and have nothing to do with the chassis. Am I missing a location somewhere for fuses? Am I barking up the wrong tree and maybe it isn't a fuse issue at all?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

On my present GS Diesel Pusher and my previous one, there are two fuse blocks located in the compartment below the driver. One is for the coach/house circuits and the other for the items for the chassis lights and items Gulf Stream installed on the chassis/body.

Also located in that compartment is a "Distribution Label" which is like a print that tells you what each fuse is for in each fuse block.
I don't know when Gulf Stream started putting the label in the diesel coach, but our '03 had one and our '04 has one.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
tcrsolutions

Thanks for the reply GStream40. Yes, that was the easy fuse panel to find. None of these fuses seem to be what I am looking for. According to the manual, there is a second fuse panel; but the manual appears to be for a gas MH and not a Diesel, like I have; as it says one is in the outer driver compartment (the one you mention) and the other is "under the hood" on the drivers side near the firewall. Here are the places I have found others mention they found their "other" fuse box with all of the exterior light fuses, but I can't seem to locate:

1. Under the dash
2. Under the bonnet in a velcroed compartment (found the velcroed compartment, which I never knew was there, but no boxes or anything)
3. In a screwed on carpeted section in one of the rear passenger outer compartments. I found this too and removed the 6 screws thinking I was on to something, but nothing
4. I see some metal compartments behind the brake and accelerator pedals that I removed the plate to, but no fuses

It is actually getting pretty important, as I just realized that this fuse also controls all of my running lights and tail lights; and we are leaving in 5 days on a trip. I could care less about the hazard lights right now, but since the fuse has taken out all of these lights, I will definitely need to find it and get it replaced.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
RJ82much

Though I have a Workhorse gas unit which likely has a different set of rules than yours, I found an undocumented fuse block under the dash, adjacent to the steering column. It controlled key functions for the chassis, like the ignition circuit used to power the relays for fans & mirrors. It was nearly impossible to see, and did not appear on any circuit diagrams.

Good luck

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
RJ82much

Though I have a Workhorse gas unit which likely has a different set of rules than yours, I found an undocumented fuse block under the dash, adjacent to the steering column. It controlled key functions for the chassis, like the ignition circuit used to power the relays for fans & mirrors. It was nearly impossible to see, and did not appear on any circuit diagrams.

Good luck

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
RayHarkness

Default fuse blocks

Not sure....if it would be the same...on our 2002 G/S Scenic Cruiser, Cummins diesel, I had a similar problem trying to locate a fuse that ran the solenoid to allow current flow to the marked CHASSIS fuse block.

Turns out, there are 4 fuse blocks on our coach, 3 for House, and 1 for Chassis, all are marked. I could not find a fuse blown.

In the bottom of that electrical compartment, outside, down under the driver seat...I found 2 black boxes, on the bottom area of that compartment. I initialy thought a fuse was blown under dashboard, and of course took everything apart....found nothing there. Couple of us were looking and saw those black boxes. I thought at one time they may have been reflector packages...boxes were about 8 to 10" long, 3 or 4 inches wide...I got the over off one, and found MORE FUSES...THAT is where the fuse had blown causing my problem.

I would check those two boxes if you have them............if its similar..only a guess..and providing my thoughts only..R
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote