Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
bob3nliz

Send a message via Yahoo to bob3nliz
Default GS keeping in touch

GS called me again to day -to let me know they were at the next level and as soon as they can will let me know more -i have to say they have stayed in touch -i know some things are harder to do than others -but i feel they are trying to do what is best in taking care of me and my RV -so anyone out there having trrouble hang in there -it may take some time -just give them a chance don't give up
bob3nliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
SueMac

Glad you have received the help you need. We too were at our wits end until we got in contact with the right people. They are doing everything possible to help us get our coach fixed right.

I just wish they were assembled better in the first place. That would eliminate so much frustration.
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

Who are you dealing with? We would like to use them as the numbers and address we have get us no where.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
SueMac

I sent you a PM Hope you received it.
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

I did, thank you. Treecounter
Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
Jim

They have been out of touch with the customer for so long, They are only in touch when the bring in a new unit they are trying to sell. They need to get a good QC program and back the dealers so they can fix the problems and get the units back on the road.. We buy units to use not grow old in a service bay.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
bob3nliz

Send a message via Yahoo to bob3nliz
Default OUT OF TOUCH

JIM-Hope they are seeing the light.-
bob3nliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #8
gsadmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueMac
I sent you a PM Hope you received it.
Why is this information such a secret? This board was created so we could all benefit from each other. I don't get this.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
Elise

Default having trouble getting help

We bought our unit in March of this year, 2008, and have yet to have a few of the quality control items addressed. We used email and telephone calls and we are passed from rep to rep, only to put off again and again. (Oh, yes, the parts are on their way to you, we were told at one point. After waiting for weeks, we called to find out they weren't even authorized yet.) We've sent pictures of the problems, we've had our service dept. call and send emails, and we just get the run-around. I doubt, at this point, that we'll ever be Gulf Stream customers again, and will certainly advise others likewise.
Anyone have any ideas, advice? The name of a good lawyer perhaps?
Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:33 PM   #10
Jim

I know what you are saying, and there is a big void between the Gold program and the dealer service. They need to do something about getting this big problem solved and make the owners happy and quit all this paper work and pictures, and just make us happy by fixing the units. In june I saw first hand what a big screw up they have between the dealer service and the factory gold program. The gold program looks good as a sales point but does nothing for us who paid for these units. I even tryed to get them to sell me a unit without a factory wantery and just let me buy a extended wantery. They didn't want to here of it.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #11
Elise

Default Would you believe....

Our latest issue has been the refrigerator -seems it just doesn't get very cold. When we took it in to our local service dealer, they found that the vent for the hot air was covered with masking tape, leftover from a paint job and never removed. Also, there is no insulation installed around the refrigerator as per Dometic specs. Incredible!
Old 07-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #12
Jim

where did you get your unit? we got ours at Hartcity RV, they gave us good service but Gulfstream doesn't back them up. always shipping the wrong parts, and have to fight to get something approved. We have been to 3 other dealers in our travels and it's the same story. In 12 days our year is up and we go on the extended warenty and we will be able to get work done with out a fight
Old 07-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #13
RJ82much

Elise,

That is the exact problem we had with our fridge - masking tape covering the vent holes!

It either happened at our dealership when they painted the compartment door directly below the exterior vent, or at the factory when Mike's Custom Painting repainted the entire lower half of our unit.

I tried everything to get the interior of our refrigerator cooler till I was about ready to give up. Heard rumors of the vent shaft getting plugged. When I looked closer I realized the masking tape was NOT supposed to be there. Pulled it off & temperature plumetted to normal.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #14
Elise

We picked up our unit at the factory, so I suspect the factory, since no dealership was involved. Don't forget to check out the insulation - do this from the outside vent and see if you can stick your hand between the refrigerator and the outside box. You shouldn't be able to.