Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
steven mettler

Default LIGHTS

When I was looking to buy a new trailer I noticed that Streamlites had listed as features lights at LP station, lighted dump station and lighted storage compartments. Now after I buy a Streamlite 30QBSS, I find that mine doesn't have these featured lights. I haven't called dealer yet but I emailed Gulfstream asking if all trailers have these 3 lights, havn't heard back from them yet. Anyone else have a 2007 without these lights? It was clearly listed in the brochure for 2006 and 2007 streamlite trailers. Was this an oversight at factory or a deliberate scam from Gulfstream?
steven mettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
RJ82much

I'm sorry Steven, but I must giggle a little - not at you, but with you. The advertised lights? Think of the left hand & the right hand .... (What the heck you talkin' about, Bob?) - they are completly on other sides of the body & don't know what each is doing....

You'll hear from others if they got their lights (I'm a class A owner, so don't know about the Streamlite. Let me assure you that GS isn't deliberately intending to scam you. It was more likely that you were accidently scammed.........

Our literature made a big claim that we were supposed to get FlexSteel front seating. We happened to sit in a new coach as we were waiting to sign the papers to order ours... Jees, the seats were uncomfortable. We asked the salesman & were told "oh no, you're getting better seating now. GS is getting away from those aweful FlexSteel products." We stood to go, no order unless we got what we wanted, what was advertised. They freaked. After some discussions & calls, they decided they could "upgrade" us to FlexSteel for a mere $1000 extra. As we actually made it to the door this time, they rethought & decided we should have the seats we bought.

See? Left hand - Right hand, no connection in between....

Hope you get your lights. They are very handy.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

Gee, Didn't you read the disclosure at the bottom of the brochures?

"For further information and available floor plan options, contact your local dealer or Gulf Stream Coach, Inc. Gulf Steam Coach, Inc. reserves the right to make changes in prices, colors, materials, components and specifications and to discontinue models at any time without notice or obligation. Gulf Stream Coach, Inc. assumes no responsibility for any error in type or print reproduction of specifications or floor plans in this brochure."

Sorry, Couldn't resist..
I would contact the dealer and demand that lights be installed as that is one item that sold you on the unit. I am sure it was an oversight by some at the factory OR the could have actually discontinued the installation of them, BUT I would think that the dealer could/would install them.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote