Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
Dbhagner

Default Help Needed! Hit and Run on my GS SN!

Hello Everyone,

While attending a concert in southern MD with my family and 9 month old daughter someone found it appropriate to smash the right rear quarter panel and tailight of my coach. No note. What's infuriating is that I have 3 "IRAQ I Served" and 4 " Afghansistan I Served" stickers on that corner directly where they hit. My wife and I are both US Marines; her a test pilot, me a force reconnaissance company commander. The idea was to buy the coach in preparation for our job search when we both retire next year. We bought it off this forum from a Curt and Dee, two of the best people you could ever meet.

So, it ripped off the last small panel, the tailight, and cracked from the tailight running SE to NW the rear fiberglass panel. It looks worse than it is as I've tested everything and nothing leaks or is broken other than said missing/damaged parts.

The help needed is the obvious, where to get this fixed? I'm insured by USAA and they've assured me they'll take great care of us as they always do. I'm located in the Baltimore/DC/Annapolis area but can travel as the temp fix I have on the coach is solid - thanks Dewalt screw guns and Gorrilla Tape...

I'd prefer something close but if I need to make a miniature vacation out of it, as long as the shop is reputable enough to guarantee a close timeline - so I'm not in a hotel for a month when quoted a week, we'll do it. I'm truly asking for first class recommendations; please keep I'm mind this will be our home for a year and God only knows what's found once they tear into the guts of that rear section.

Thanks in advance for any/all suggestions. I'll post some pics later to help clarify in detail. Got to get my father in law to the airport. Hope all is having a great and unevenful summer.

BTW, I saw another SN at the concert. It was the Bryce Lee concert in St Leonard Md at the volunteer fire hall. If you're out there, please reach out as we must be neighbors.

Thanks Much,
David, Becky and Rosalind Hagner

P.S.
[email protected] or 301.467.6762 if anyone would prefer those methods as ways to discuss help.
Dbhagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
Kimbo

Default Re: Help Needed! Hit and Run on my GS SN!

Hi David,

Don't check the forum often but saw your post which was a bummer. Did repairs go well? We have a SuperNova has well & live in your area. We live in Howard County Maryland & store our RV at Fort Meade. Both husband and I are retired Navy.

Cheers, Kim & Odie