Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-17-2005, 08:39 AM   #1
rinni1

Default bed slide out

My bed slideout on my 2005 sunvoyager does not seal when it is out. It will seal at the bottom of the slideout but I have a 1 inch gap at the top. I have taken it into two rv repair shopes and both said they could not adjust it to correct the problem.
I finally installed 1 inch weather stripping to seal the top of the slideout which is only a temp fix.
Has anybody had this problem and where can I take it to have the problem corrected?
rinni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #2
fredaevans

Odd, very very odd. The slide out lenght/supports/etc., are all designed to hit the end of the tract 'after' it hits the exterior wall. Or to put it another way, the seals.

If you're getting a 'we can't repair' you're getting a load of bull. Still under warrenty?
Fred
fredaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
RV Wizard

You sound like a member on iRV2.com called Montana Red. If so I replied over there as to some things that will help. I think it may be a Norco system. Does it have four cables; one on each corner? If so there is adjustment that can be made if instructions are followed properly. Cindy Hathaway is Director of Parts & Service 800.289.8787 Ext 3300. She can be of great help if your normal channel is ineffective. I just spent this week up there in training. I am sure this can be corrected but you will need to remove the added seal you installed at the time the adjustment is made. Let us know how things turn out.
iRV2.com -Gulf Stream Owners Forum Leader
2000 Scenic Cruiser
99 Chevy Silverado 4 X 4 Toad
2006 Saturn Vue AWD Toad
NASCAR #3 & #8
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
fredaevans

Greetings Wiz from Ashland, Oregon (later today ... Brookings for more winter steelhead fishing). No connection with your Montana Red fellow; all my posts (where-ever) are under the same name.

(Ever 'google' yourself? Scarry!!)

Thanks for the info on 'irv2.com; not heard of the web site before. Do post on RV.net with some frequency.
Fred
fredaevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
RJ82much

I have to take a closer look at our bed slideout. All always seemed fine until our last trip. We had to drive the turnpike for 350 miles in torrential rain. At our destination, we noted the floor carpeting at the "forward" side of the headboard was quite wet.

To our knowledge, we've never had this occurance before, either with slide in or out. I have driven once before in torrential rain but didn't note any leaks.

I honestly forgot to follow up after our return, but will keep tabs from now on.

Our system is a single hydraulic ram under the bed that seems to pull the top & bottom of the slide snugly against the outer wall of the coach. There is a roll-out topper over the seals.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote