Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-01-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
gsadmin

Default Need more documentation, again...

Well, once again I have found myself at a loss for enough information to properly care for my coach. I installed some bully air horns this weekend, and thankfully I have obtained some black-market information of sorts on the wiring of a Gulf Stream RV model different from mine, but since they have similar wiring looms between most class A models, it helped me immensely (I was able to locate and utilize the built-in air-horn wiring).

SO, everything worked nicely, and then, it stopped working. The compressor was no longer getting power. I suspected a fuse. The fuse inline to the compressor was fine, so I figured the "AirHorn Motor" feed line fuse had blown. Well, I went into the electrical compartment (which I will again mention has no gas strut on the door...WTF!) to look for the fuse...guess what, the 28-fuse fuse block has no legend on it and there is no doc in the "manual" they give you with the coach. SO, I had to go one by one through the 15 amp fuses(the wiring diagram I have at least told me to look for that) until i found the right fuse.

How ridiculous is this...

Sign the petition.

If anyone has the legend for this fuse block, please send me a scanned jpg or whatever and I will post it here on the forum.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:13 AM   #2
darbyjudy

Default Use of test light

An easy way to test the fuses without pulling tme is with a test light. When I find a panel which is not labeled I just get the old 12 volt test light out and start at the top and check them all. Only takes a few minutes.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
gsadmin

Default Re: Use of test light

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy
An easy way to test the fuses without pulling tme is with a test light. When I find a panel which is not labeled I just get the old 12 volt test light out and start at the top and check them all. Only takes a few minutes.
As a rule, this will work for the most, but not all circuit types (on our rigs, it might work across the board). Good tip.
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote