Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #1
GStream40
Site Team

Default Gulf Stream Literature Archives

If anyone is looking for literature for a model year from 2002 to current, there is a Literature Archives for motorized and towables on the Gulf Stream Coach website. These are the brochures that were made when those models were in production and are available in PDF format (Adobe Acrobat Reader).

Here is the link to the Archives page:

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/litarchive.htm
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
earljan34

Great link Ron, Thanks

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Wolfpack

Hi Folks,

I'm a newbie to this forum so apologies if my question has been addressed already.

Just picked up an 08 Yellowstone 8358 gasser, used. Traded in our 91 GS Conquest C that we bought new in 1990. Yup, 18 years in that puppy. Served us well.

My issue is NO documentation at all on the new rig. Found the literature link listed above but it's pretty much a sales brochure.

Will it be Google to rescue, or is it possible to request a duplicate set of owners manuals from GS?

BTW - I did register as a second owner on their site. That was convenient.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
rdlamb

Hi Wolf:

I wish there was a way to attach a .pdf, or that I knew how to do that procedure. I have a lot of schematics for my TM that may be helpful to you.
Try the following:

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/customer ... umbers.htm

For info on your slides and leveling system:

www.powergearus.com

For info on your chassis, and engine, and filters:

www.freightlinerchassis.com

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
Wolfpack

Service with a smile - gotta' love that. Thank you, rdlamb.

Am a little concerned with the jacks - having read the topic on the blinking touchpad. Mine was blinking on the lot and wouldn't do anything - they replaced it and it seems OK now. I'll go post my issue in that thread.

The numbers and links are appreciated - thanks again.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #6
RJ82much

Wolfpack,

It will have to be Google to your rescue. GS provides a blue-covered "manual", approx 20 copied pages in length, rudimentary sketches. Most of the content is cover-thy-arse warnings & cautions. There is hardly any meaningful, useful information.

There should have been about 3 inches worth of appliance & equipment manuals included for you in some kind of folder or container. The assembly floor accumulates all product literature, warantee forms, instructions as the equipment is installed (Dometic, Sony, A&E, toilet mfr, Panasonic, Generac, ect). This documentation is specific to your unit & the part numbers used. I wonder what happened to yours? Perhaps your dealer knows.

I went thru my coach & identified every device that I could. Found items like the RiverPark speaker switches under the dash, Voyager CD/fm player, RiverPark (again) A/V switch in the entertainment center, the impossible-to-see Lyte Power System transfer switch, etc. With the help of Google, I was able to locate URLs & customer service numbers to recieve manuals on nearly every device.

Schematics are another issue. This forum was founded as a result of the GulfStream Corp. owners' policy of never providing an electrical schematic or plumbing diagram, because they are propriatary. That's crap, but their GS management rules. If you express a strong need directly to the Vice President of Operations (a non-Shea brother), you can often recieve. A big project was initiated to convert many drawings to pdf-format for distribution. Those don't seem to include the dfx-format schematics. There is supposedly a CD of sorts available to help with maintenance matters. That is available only after request also. I've come to realize just how crucial plumbing diagrams are. They identify the location of vacuum breaks, vents, & which plumbing fixtures empty into which tank. Good luck at getting your hands on that.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
Wolfpack

We still had the entire documentation package on our old C and made sure they knew we were giving it to them when we turned it over. 19 years later the big old envelope was getting pretty tattered - but everything was there. We're just anal that way, I guess. The original owner of this coach must still have this one. The dealer says they don't.

So between Google, and help already from folks here, I'll hopefully find everything I need.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #8
RJ82much

It's not anal to desire your information packet. And, there's a likelyhood the dealer doesn't want to be bothered asking the previous owner.

I've had to use my Dometic fridge manual (cooling problem), my Dometic A/C manual (wouldn't blow cool air), A&E awning (broken part), the Generac manual (for service & maintenance), the microwave/convection oven (to learn how to use it), adjustments on my driver's side sun-shade, instructions on water filter (& sanitizing) - on & on the list goes.

Even though your coach's original documents are likely gone forever, I would take time to record model numbers on everything & hit your Google search engine. GS will not have that sort of information tucked away in a library. The equipment mfr's are doing a great job. A special kudos to Dometic who seem to go way out of their way to be helpful.

I've got dozens of pages of scribbled notes with wire numbers/colors, diagrams... If only I was organized enough to file, fasten, clip or whatever instead of stuffing it in a big box (in addition to the original plastic folder)

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
israndy

Default Re: Gulf Stream Literature Archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStream40
If anyone is looking for literature for a model year from 2002 to current, there is a Literature Archives for motorized and towables on the Gulf Stream Coach website. These are the brochures that were made when those models were in production and are available in PDF format (Adobe Acrobat Reader).

Here is the link to the Archives page:

http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/litarchive.htm
Yikes, looks like they moved it to http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/literaturearchive.htm, also it doesn't look like they are updating it, latest is 2008 and it's almost 2012. They also don't have mine, a Sprinter based RV. I did end up creating a Yahoo Group and finding and posting all the manuals for my Vista Cruiser MB at the group http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/GS_Vista_Cruiser/

It almost seems like Gulf Stream is out of business in the time I have owned mine. I bought in 2010 and I have not seen their website change since I found out about them. Lots of 2008 stuff. The last Vista Cruiser they made was in 2009... Don't know what is going on with their Sprinter business, but it seems to have died.

-Randy