Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #1
Vito

Default Anyone out there?

I don't think I've ever participated in a web forum that has less traffic than this one. I'm not sure if its even worth the effort of a click to come here and see what's new, because there virtually never is. I'm almost ready to just delete this from my Favorites list and just rely on other more general RV forums for questions and information. Am I truly the only one actually coming to this forum lately?
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:31 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Anyone out there?

I check the forum daily. At times it is used a bit by owners with questions or problems.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #3
MikeK

I also check it daily. Not much goes on but it is a great place to get answers Happy Camping
https://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/...psbmjsyrcu.jpg
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:21 AM   #4
jol

Noticed that too, must be that we are a special group and have a unique RV. That is what I am going with. Would be nice if there were more posts and experiences that people are having.
jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:34 AM   #5
boaterken4

Good morning. We are the owner of a new Friendship TT and was hoping to find some other Gulfstream owners too. I hope things pick up. My grandparents use to own an Airstream and they loved the rallys. I was hoping that Gulfstream had something like that but appears that no activity in 4 or so years.
boaterken4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #6
muleman

Have noticed myself not much but we have enjoyed our first year with our trailer!
muleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:52 AM   #7
jol

We have enjoyed our Vintage Cruiser by Gulfstream. Granted there are a few things that need tweaking but hey that is dealers worry.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:04 PM   #8
mike71654

I sure agree. Not much conversation on here considering the number of Gulfstream brands out there. I had a Sunline and their forum had tons of information and conversation.
We just bought an 2017 Amerilite and cannot find hardly anything about them.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:00 AM   #9
jol

Hey I know what you mean about the information seems a bit scant even on their website. Our dealer is close by so I can stop in and ask the technician that works on them questions if need be. He says that he does very little work on them as they are well built so that is comforting.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:44 PM   #10
mike71654

Hey Jol... Glad to hear they are well built. You read the few reviews out there and it makes it seem like they are junk. We have to remember you don't see the good reviews only the ones where people are complaining. We all know you have to take that with a grain of salt. Some people complain about everything.
Have you heard of any Gulfstream meet and greets? When we had our Sunline they had several meet and greets at different locations throughout the country and I know Forest River has a huge meet and greet in Goshen Indiana every year.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:57 AM   #11
jol

No meets or greets that I know of. I know what you mean seems that Gulfstream had a kind of sponsored get together at one time. We had a Coachmen popup and they had a company website where people could exchange ideas. I sure wish they did have a site. Hey have you purchased a trailer yet? And you are so correct that you only hear the complaints when something goes awry. Like I said we have a Vintage Cruiser and it is not our first RV we have had 3 popups, easy peasy as they say not much to worry about there. Had a 30 foot Sprinter 5th wheel no problems there just the minor maintenance things, I mean its a house on wheels and subject to movement. Now if a wall fell off then yeah I would be upset. Normal maintenance like checking caulking etc just do it. I do like the fact that the Vintage Cruiser has one piece fiberglass roof from front to back 5th wheel had rubber roof no problems just always worried about it as sometimes you see them running down the highway all billowed up from the wind. Had a 30 foot class C not many problems with coach part of unit, it was bought used and we did change microwave/convection oven as the one in it was malfunctioning, change propane tank remember motorhome so they have AME permanent mount tanks as the welds on it had developed a pinhole leak. Shower floor had cracked but some of that to me was a bit of abuse by previous owner. Now Vintage Cruiser yes the tweaks have been there but hey I can tighten a fitting on the faucet, just like a new house there are things. Right now am waiting for LED lightstrip to show up on power awning, the awning is being replaced seems there was a bit of we really stitched that close to the edge and so there is a rip developing and the led lights are about half functioning. Gulfstream is replacing them with out any questions just needed the dealer to send in a photo of issue and the information on awning and there we go. Hey good luck on finding a unit at a price that is affordable.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:25 PM   #12
mike71654

Jol...I found out there was a owners group called the Gulfstreamers. During my research I found a web page that is still active but from what I can see there has not been any activity since 2014.
It is really odd given the large number of Gulfstream units out there that they do not have an active owners group. I am still trying to figure out who set up the gulfstreamers web page and see if they would be willing to let me restart it. More to come on that.
We did purchase an Ameri Lite 238 RK. We got a great deal since it is off season. Now if spring will hurry up so we can get out in it.
I am retiring next week after working for 48 years. We are hoping to do some traveling when the weather breaks and maybe even spend next winter in Florida. I even bought the annual pass for the National Parks.
Glad to hear you like your Vintage. We have an uncle we camp with that has a R Pod and they just love it. We are just to big for one. I read a couple horror stories and was half afraid to buy a Gulfstream product but now that we have it we love it.
We live is west central Ohio near Fort Wayne Indiana and frequent the Ohio State Parks. They are very well kept and are safe Making them excellent weekend getaways.
I will post again if I find out anything else.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:23 AM   #13
jol

Mike,
Sorry took so long to get back to this been busy around house and doing the lets go to the ocean trip, we live in Southwest Missouri so our weather is not as bad as yours so we can do those things. Glad to see that you have purchased a unit and hope that you are enjoying it, even at this time of year. We can go pretty much year round as we have a ton of state parks close by that are open year round and only turn off water if it gets really cold. Started in a Popup so have the necessary toilet facility that is self contained if need be and bottled water works great for all other stuff. I know when we bought our Vintage that there was a piece of paper with a blurb about the group sponsored by Gulfstream but sure have not found anything else about it. Facebook has a page for Gulfstream but is seems to be a bit on the well not so busy site. If you check on Facebook there are sites like RV Newbies, has a bunch of information, Fun Travel Trailer Camping that I use as they talk about getting together. I also on Facebook there is a site The Vintage Cruisers that in the winter were planning a get together in Branson, how handy thirty minute drive, this summer but it has seemed to die down. We are retired and have the time and we go when we want and in 2016 after we bought the Vintage, now we have had popups, 5th wheel and motorhomes and to be honest this little Gulfstream is great. Went to Glacier in it and had not one problem. There are only my wife and I and one dog so it serves us very well. Makes my F150 go from 13mpg to 12mpg, hey they pull and as I always say you have to pay to play. We had looked at an Rpod also and were very seriously considering a 179 and then when we saw the Vintage 19RBS with a real bathroom and shower the wet bath theory got scrapped. And you are correct you always hear the horror stories but never does anyone praise the product. Okay I have had a couple of issues but nothing out of the ordinary for a house that you tow down the road. Loose fitting on sink, hey I can tighten that up only thing that was a real issue was the shower wall was loose but dealer fixed that and is now in the process of changing power awning and lights on it but hey that is a product supplied by LCI so he is handling it. By the way my negative statement, I lie the power awning for convenience but not for shade it does not allow it to be set down far enough to provide shade late in the day but Awning shade is in the works if I can find one locally or dang may have to use Ebay or Amazon. Did talk to technician after his trip to Indiana and RV manufacturing mecca and he still says he is overall very impressed with Gulfstream quality, but on the other hand he did explain as a technician how he had some issues that he thought were odd. Seems that the people who build them and the process is not like a vehicle assembly line but more like, I have finished putting in two screws so let me go over here and put in a sink, no real organization as such. They are in farm country and this is usually a supplement to their income and they get paid for how many units they build not an hourly or salary so that explains a lot too. But he said that all of them do it not unique to one manufacturer. Anyway this got long so will leave you to ponder this and hope that I can get back to a regular schedule and check here more often, we may have to set the trend and get this site or another one for Gulfstream owners to get busy and share information.