Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-02-2017, 12:34 AM   #1
gunrock1

Default 2017 Amerilite-Does your roof look like this?

If so, how has it held up? What did Gulf Stream say about it? Is it normal? I plan on finding the manufacturer of the TPO (possibly Centimark) to see what they say.

I have bubbles and rippling on the front and back edges and around the rear vents. I am wondering if the roof was installed properly and proper sealant was used-what maybe your experiences have been.

Thanks,

Save
Save
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tpo_ripple - Copy.jpg (51.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg tpo_lift1 - Copy.jpg (57.4 KB, 5 views)
gunrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
gunrock1

The TPO supplier is Alpha Systems, LLC. GS was actually very quick to answer some questions I had in regards roof care/manufacturer and manual information.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #3
exjay

Mine is pretty tight but I can see lines (dark lines) where the joints are in the plywood is on the roof. Not sure why those lines appear over the rest of the white covering. Mine has a couple small spots like yours but at the very rear corner. Unless its torn or damages, I wouldnt mess with it, should be pretty water tight still. I did as soon as I brought it home from the dealer new apply about 3 more tubes worth of white Dicor around all existing roof sealant jobs just as an extra measure (you might want to do that too). Delt with roof leaking issues on past TTs and NEVER want to deal with that again. Time will tell..
Old 08-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #4
gunrock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by exjay View Post
Mine is pretty tight but I can see lines (dark lines) where the joints are in the plywood is on the roof. Not sure why those lines appear over the rest of the white covering. Mine has a couple small spots like yours but at the very rear corner. Unless its torn or damages, I wouldnt mess with it, should be pretty water tight still. I did as soon as I brought it home from the dealer new apply about 3 more tubes worth of white Dicor around all existing roof sealant jobs just as an extra measure (you might want to do that too). Delt with roof leaking issues on past TTs and NEVER want to deal with that again. Time will tell..
Yup roof leaks SUCK--rebuilt my popup roof and had a Roo 23ss that had the roof replaced (though the dealer paid for it)--because of these, I'm anal retentive about moisture.

Yeah mine is brand new so I don't want to run into an issue where it peels up even more later or the sealant quits adhering because of the ripples. If the roof supplier tells me it's ok, I won't worry about it.

You can see the lines of the roof in mine, too.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:00 PM   #5
gunrock1

Interestingly, Dicor says roof bubbles are normal and allow for expansion...though a little contradicting as they list "not brooming" as a possible cause:

https://dicorproducts.com/faq/#air-bubbles

From Dicor's site:

"My roof has air bubbles. Is this normal?
Typically, if air bubbles occur they occur during or very soon after the roof has been applied. A couple of reasons for the air bubbles would be that they were not broomed out during application, and we ask the installer not to stretch the material during installation to allow for expansion and contraction of the membrane. Air bubbles will occur with weather conditions and humidity. Air bubbles can also occur at the seams of the roof decking due to flexing and twisting that occurs during transit. Sometimes they occur if there is a significant difference in the temperature between the inside and outside of the unit.
Will the air bubble effect the performance of my roof?
No. The air bubbles will not blow up and pop. They will come and go with the weather conditions, humidity, etc. Please do not puncture the air bubbles. Air bubbles mean there is room for expansion and contraction, lessening the chance of stress cracks later."