Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-20-2007, 12:01 AM   #1
Curt Krueger

Default Slide Problems

Hi all,
Newbie here. We have a 2005 Crescendo 3 slide model. I have seen a problem developing on the kitchen slide. It appears that the slide has dropped some since new and is now starting to wear on the carpet on one side. It always left a little mark but now appears to much worse. Any help would be appreciated.

Curt Krueger
Old 09-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
retired0207

Send a message via AIM to retired0207
Default Slide probems possible solution

Hi Curt,
I am new to the forum also since I have just joined today Sept 29, 07 which makes me a bit newer. I have been a visitor for the past several months and as I said just joined. I noticed that it appears that there have not been any replys to your problem with the kitchen slide. I have the same slide on my 2005 Crescendo and have a similar problem with mine. If you will notice when slide is being opererated to the close position does the top begin to tip in from the top of slide? If this happens you will need to lube the slide gaskets with slide lube. If this does not help you will need to have the slide out mechanism adjusted probably by the dealer.
Please see my post from Sept 29, 2007 drom retired0207 and maybe you can help me with my concern about the slide mechanism passing through to outside with the extra space not being closed with some sort of gasket
Thanks, Tom
Old 09-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #3
trickto322

We had that same thing happen to our fifth wheel and we had to take it back to the factory. The problem went to the other side of the slide after they adjusted it so if get it adjusted be sure to check the entire slide for level sliding. Good luck

Johnnie and Adrian
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
rdlamb

Default Slide maintenence

Hi, sorry about not replying sooner. Am full time and sometimes I lack internet service.

Sounds like your slide needs:
1. lubrication. I use a "dry" lube on the ratchet mechanism and the hydralic shaft.
2. adjustment. I am not afraid to use a wrench on the cable adjusters. If you are unsure, it is better to have a dealer or RV service center help you.
3. Possibly needs reinforcement in the floor. Gulf Stream needs to do a better job in reinforcing their slides. The floor tends to sag, which changes the sliding characteristics of the slide's floor, over the chassis floor.

There exists seal lubricants, to keep the rubber seals flexible and compliant.

Best wishes.
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
rdlamb

Default Slide maintenence site

I forgot to post this site on my reply. You may find it helpful with keeping your slides in top shape.
http://www.lci1.com/service_owners_manu ... deouts.htm
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #6
bfrazier

Default Guld Stream Slide Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlamb View Post
I forgot to post this site on my reply. You may find it helpful with keeping your slides in top shape.
http://www.lci1.com/service_owners_manu ... deouts.htm
Rick
Rick,

That link has gone bad in the "mere" ten years since you posted it.

Having even had a link still makes you the defacto expert on Gulf Stream slides. Can you point me to something, anything, that talks about adjusting these slides? I have a 2006 triple slide BT Cruiser. One slide is leaking at the top, but only when closed - I see no adjustments!

Thanks,
Bob
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #7
Chuck v

Bob,

Are your slides hydraulic or electric? Who is the manufacturer of the slide mechanism? For my TourMaster, I have a hydraulic slide in the front of the coach and two electric slides in the bedroom area. The hydraulic unit is from Power Gear and shares the pump unit with the leveling system. The electric slides are DeWald, I think.

Both of these companies are now part of Lippert, and you should be able to find lots of information here: https://www.lci1.com/support-center/

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:46 PM   #8
bfrazier

Default Slideout mystery maufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
Bob,

Are your slides hydraulic or electric? Who is the manufacturer of the slide mechanism?

Chuck
Hi Chuck! Thanks a ton for the lead. They have a single track in the center of the bottom, so I think they are electric. (??) I found an excellent resource on adjusting Lippert Hydraulic Slides but the parts don't look anything like mine. I've not seen a component manufacturer name anywhere (my first slides ever). I will go look at Lippert's web site - that's the nod I likely needed - I'll go dig.

I'll report back here if/when I learn anything more. And thank You! Bob
Old 07-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #9
bfrazier

Chuck,

Our 2006 Model 5291 (Atrium slideout) absolutely is a Lippert "Above Floor Sofa Model" (and that's why nearly none of it is visible). Downloadable parts diagrams, owners manuals, and even installation manuals are all available online RIGHT HERE.

Thanks for the push in the right direction -you deserve a pat on the back!
Old 07-21-2017, 09:34 PM   #10
Chuck v

This lead-screw mechanism is what my coach has on the bed side slide. The vanity side of the bedroom has a smaller electrically operated slide that is of a different configuration, not matching the bed side slide or the hydraulic slide in the front...

Chuck

Old 07-25-2017, 08:25 PM   #11
mhogge

How do I identify which slide I have? My rig is a 2004 Gulfstream Sunvoyager on a Workhorse W22 chassis. The main slide is hydraulic, and when extended is flush floor. the bottom of which drags when retracted leaving a small groove in the wood. When I look underneath all I see is two rails toward the outside and a shiny round ? hydraulic shaft in the center.

Mel
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #12
Chuck v

I have no familiarity with your model of coach...but likely GS used the same slide manufacturer over most models and years -- so look carefully through the flush floor models in the Lippert site here:
https://www.lci1.com/support-center/

Chuck

Old 08-13-2017, 10:39 AM   #13
kenrancho

I have a 2000 Sun Voyager 8357 and it has a rear slide out that when I slide the bedroom in, the top seals, but the bottom sticks out, like 3 inches and I'm afraid it will leak when the rainy season comes (even in California). Does anyone know if this is adjustable at the bottom to make it fit flush. The passenger side slide with the living room slides out no problem and slides in no problem and fits flush with the side wall of the coach. The left rear bedroom side slides out fine, but doesn't go all the way flush on the bottom when slid in. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kenrancho
kenrancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:13 PM   #14
BamBam424

I just bought a 2004 Gulfstream Atrium and the whole Atrium has dropped 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Wish I would have noticed as I would have passed on this one, but You can see it on the outside paint lines and inside just visual. Just came from a good RV shop and they are also puzzled how the whole room has dropped? You can also see it clearly from the bottom compartment doors directly below the Atrium. Not sure what has happened, but it is messing up my hardwood floor on rear side, more than the front side as it comes in and out. And ideas or fix's? Would love a manual or photos how this room slides and parts? Bruce
BamBam424 is offline   Reply With Quote