Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-28-2019, 09:21 AM   #1
Flower

Default Antenna replacement

We replaced the antenna on our 2018 Vista 19BFD with a King OA1001 Omnidirectional antenna. We are getting more than twice as many stations than we did with the factory Winegard antenna. A big improvement! We also added a vent fan in front dinning, sleeping area with a Vortex 2 three speed fan. That will help keep the camper a little cooler with some ventilation in a hot rest area parking lot. Both were fairly easy to install.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
jol

So was this an easy changeover or was there some engineering had to be done?
jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #3
Flower

I pre drilled holes a little smaller than the screws I used through fiberglass roof other than that I just made sure I sealed it well with Dicor sealant. I used the same wiring just changed the amplified switch with the one that came with the antenna. The original faceplate I kept and removed the circuit board from the new faceplate that came with antenna and switched it over to the original faceplate that came with camper. That part was a little confusing at first but it was fairly simple once I understand what I wanted to do.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote