Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
68nova

Default Equalizing systems leveling jacks question

I just purchased a 2004 Gulfstream Endura that has the Equalizing systems leveling jacks. My question is that when you manually lower the rear jacks they both work separatly with the corrisponding switch. The front ones however both go down together whether working the right or left front switch. Is this normal? I have no manual on this system. Thanks.
68nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
mfa

Yes, it is actually a three-point system -- the front jacks equalize pressure side-to-side. Here is my normal procedure --
1) Push both rear buttons to lower the rear jacks until the rear of the coach just starts to rise.
2) Check one rear jack (button) and then the other to make sure both are on the ground. Usually one will make contact ahead of the other.
3) Push both front buttons to lower the front jacks until the front of the coach just starts to rise.
4) Use minor adjustments on the rear jacks to level the coach side-to-side.
5) Use minor adjustments on the front jacks, as needed, and on the rear jecks, if necessary, to level the coach front-to-back.

The goal is to have the coach level and the jacks taking some of the weight while still having the tires on the ground taking the rest of the weight. If you jack it up until the tires are off the ground, then it won't be as stable. You'll notice the coach swaying in the wind or you'll notice it swaying when you're in bed and someone is walking around at night.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
68nova

Thank you very much for the response. Saves me calling the manufacture.
68nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
PORTABLE PARADISE

Default Jacks question

I also have a 2004 G/S.. my question for you is regarding the location of the rear jacks. My rear jacks are behind the spare tire. I have had problems with the frame because of this. When the jacks are raised and lift the rear unit off of the ground. The frame flexes and has broken welds inside the door.

Where are your jacks?
PORTABLE PARADISE is offline   Reply With Quote