Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #1
flatlander

Default Tanks Flush results in water dripping from wheel well

Hi Just did our maiden voyage in a 2008 Sun Voyager. Before pulling out I drained the black and grey, then used the flush connection to flush grey (worked great). When I swung lever to flush black I dont think the water made it into the tank but did get water running out from above the wheel well..... Any Ideas?
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
Dennis4809

Broken line!
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #3
flatlander

has anyone been able to access piping via the wheel well?
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:26 AM   #4
Sudsy

Default I'll Try to Explain

On my 2005 Sun voyager I have found that the tanks are very wide and tapered toward the drivers side of the rig. If I look at the door that is right behind the right rear wheel (Passenger or curb side)and in front of the generator I can see the tops of the tanks (black and gray) and this is where you will find the water lines for the flush system. While flushing look in this area for your leak. There is almost enough room to work depending on what you need to fix. There are check valves in mine that prevent any back flow in the flush system.

I had a leak in the fill line for the fresh water last year. I guess one of the elbows in the line cracked. It was in a very difficult area above the fresh water pump. It was just a drip and only while filling. Point

I got some of that Flex Seal stuff in a can like paint. I used doubled up rubber gloves and just dipped my fingers in the sealer and reached up and wiped the entire elbow and about an inch on either side. After 24 hrs of cure it was fixed.

Sudsy