Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Track29

Default Switch in back of Battery Tray

Hey Folks, I have an older model Friendship 102. I am curious which position the switch behind the coach battery tray should be set on. That maybe the reason the batteries are not charging while connected to the 50amp land line.
Track29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
RayChez1

Not sure what switch you are referring to, but on the compartment on my coach next to the compartment where the battery trays are located are two big toggle switches. One is for AC and the other for DC power on the coach. To have power on the coach you turn them right. To turn all power off for lets say wintering time, you turn them to the left. On mine the two big switches look like the one by the entrance door also. But in the same compartment where the batteries are on mine there are no switches. Remember I have a Scenic Cruiser.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:19 AM   #3
Track29

I only have the one toggle switch behind the battery tray. I don't recall ever changing the position but I did notice the coach batteries were not charging while connected to the 50 amp land line. Before I blame the onboard charger, I wanted to make sure I had not caused the problem. I have a 1995 Friendship 102 and this is one of the very few places to get support. Thanks for your response.
Track29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:30 PM   #4
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track29 View Post
I only have the one toggle switch behind the battery tray. I don't recall ever changing the position but I did notice the coach batteries were not charging while connected to the 50 amp land line. Before I blame the onboard charger, I wanted to make sure I had not caused the problem. I have a 1995 Friendship 102 and this is one of the very few places to get support. Thanks for your response.
Have you tried turning it on and see if you get power? On my coach the coach batteries are charged by the inverter/charger combination Xantrex inverter. If your coach is equipped with such an inverter, they do have a circuit breaker that will turn the charger and inverter off. Tiny little button on the face of the inverter. Just push it in and it will reset the inverter/charger.
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 07-20-2019, 03:19 PM   #5
drewware

Hey Andrew here can you please take a picture of your battery trays?
My coach has no batteries at this time.
I can’t seem to get it going.
Thanks
drewware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #6
turbo911

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
Not sure what switch you are referring to, but on the compartment on my coach next to the compartment where the battery trays are located are two big toggle switches. One is for AC and the other for DC power on the coach. To have power on the coach you turn them right. To turn all power off for lets say wintering time, you turn them to the left. On mine the two big switches look like the one by the entrance door also. But in the same compartment where the batteries are on mine there are no switches. Remember I have a Scenic Cruiser.
Hello Rey, I TOO recently bought an '02 scenic cruiser. I just put it to bed a couple weeks ago and haven't been back out to check on it, but I turned off ALL of my switches, 1 inside entrance door, 2 in compartment near battery area and the big red one in engine compartment (looks like a boat battery shutoff switch)
My question is do you know if my solar panels on roof continue to charge house batteries when all those switches are turned off?
Thanks in advance!
Tim
turbo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #7
RayChez1

It all depends on how your solar panels are wired up. If there is a switch between the panels and the batteries if it is in the off position, the batteries will not get charged. But one way to find out is to get a voltmeter and check to see if there is any power being generated and showing where the solar panel wires connect to the battery bank. My coach does not have solar panels, so I am not sure how yours is wired. If the wiring goes through the big toggle switches in the compartment and you have them turned off for the winter, then the batteries would not get charged.
Good luck!
Aventa II Blue Ox
Old 12-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #8
turbo911

DANG! I ASSUMED (and we all know what happens when we assume) that all of those coaches had solar panels on them!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to reply!!! I think I will go out and play around with a voltmeter and start throwing switches!
Again, thank you very much for the reply!!!
Merry christmas!
turbo911 is offline   Reply With Quote