Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
RJ82much

Default Mice

Anyone else troubled with these destructive little critters?

We're getting ready for an outing to Letchworth Park, NY. Mice droppings all over. I've had good luck with the new bait blocks in the house & am going to feed them well in the RV.

But, the burning question... How/Where are they getting in?

Thanks for any ideas.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
justlizz

they will get in any and every tiny hole there is one tip I have is wire wool stuffed into all little crackes and holes seems to help I also let my cat play in my 5er when I have it at home it seems to help
lizz
Old 04-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

I got some glue boards and put them in the camper. I hope they work but not yet. In our old motorhome we put out poison and it killed the mice very well. Sometimes we would find a mouse in the middle of the floor dead. But, they don't always go to the middle of the floor to die. I found one dead one in the A arm of the window when running speaker wires. So with the new camper poison is out (unless we are playing on the cd player ).

I have heard that bounce fabric softener sheets will repel mice and keep the camper smelling good at the same time. I have also heard mothballs will keep mice at bay but I don't know for sure. We have done the bounce and anywhere there was a bounce sheet it smelled good and we never saw dropping in those areas.

The problem I have with the glue traps is that they smell like peanut butter and I don't want to entice the mice to enter the camper to get to it.

Hope some of this helps. Happy Camping
Old 04-14-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
RJ82much

We had SUPER SUCCESS saturating cotton balls with peppermint extract. It smells great! Only negative is that the peppermint extract is expensive. Hoping to plant our own this year.

I placed a bait block next to many of the saturated cotton balls. Even after the obvious peppermint odor was gone, there wasn't any activity with the bait blocks being moved about.

Maybe I won't need a cat afterall........

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote