Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Keys Cruiser

Default Anyone have a problem door?

I have a 2008, 40' Yellowstone Pusher Model 8390, with a mid coach door. The door opens and closes just fine when you drive it. After releasing the air and it drops down, the door functions without resistance. BUT, when I level the coach, the door hits up top on the opposite side from the hinges. I have double checked level and it IS level. It seems, the higher I lift it when leveling, the worse it gets out of square.

Anyone seen anything like this?
TOAD: 2007 Mustang Conv.
Islamorada, FL
Keys Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Luckiest Dreamer

It seems to me that you still have the coach in a bind. I know that I can have mine level in the front and check at the refrig and it will be different.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
RayChez1

Default Re: Anyone have a problem door?

Are you referring to the french door to the bedroom or are you referring to an exit door to go in and out of the coach?
If you are referring to the french door to the bedroom, the coach has to be perfectly level or else it will create a twist on the body to where the door will not close until you level the coach right.

But if you are referring to an exit door, then I am not sure. Never seen a Gulf Stream coach with a door in the center of the coach. The only company that used to put the doors on the center was Safari coaches.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
03heritagerider

The 8390 does have a center entrance door, but you will need to clarify if you are talking about that door or an interior door. I've had issues with both, especially when I used the "auto" level function.

My bedroom door was, often times, difficult to open or close. Other times it was the entrance door that gave me grief.

I have now begun to use a dual direction bubble level set on the floor in the middle of the coach. I then level the coach manually. Since using the bubble level, I've had no problems.

As a double check, I allow the toilet door, shower door, medicine cabinet door and bedroom door to swing freely and see which direction the fall. Since they are all near the center of the coach, when they stay put, I know I'm level.

I know...It's old school...but it works best for me!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
Keys Cruiser

It is the main door going in and out of the coach... I think it must have been installed just a bit off. In certain spots where we are just out of level with the passenger side low, when I level the coach, the main door binds. Have any of you ever had to try to fix something like this?
TOAD: 2007 Mustang Conv.
Islamorada, FL
Keys Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
RayChez1

Never had that problem with the main door to go in and out. I have had the french door in the bedroom that if it is not level right it will not lock, but once I level it it will work just fine.
Which tells me that what you are doing is putting a bind on the frame. You are putting a twist on the frame and you don't realize it. Your level might be off. That is about the only thing that will cause that problem.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
03heritagerider

I have to go along with Ray.

Perhaps you should level the coach the way you normally do. Then get a bubble level and check to see if it is "truly" level.

I can't think that binding the frame like that would be a good thing.