Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #1
shutterhpy

Default Wiring harness

I purchased a 1998 Gulf Stream Friendship and am getting ready to start full time rv'ing. There are many features on this coach that I am unfamiliar with. This by the way, is also my first diesel.

This post is specific to a wiring harness in the rear compartment of the basement. it hangs from overhead and has no connectors. It's just flush cut off. As of yet, I haven't checked to see if they might be to an optional entertainment center or other component. Currently, the coach is still under it's cover but, it has to come out soon as I need to be in it by June 1st at the latest. Thanks in advance for any info that you may have. Bill
shutterhpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:28 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Wiring harness

Which side passenger or driver side? On the driver side on my Scenic Cruiser the second to the rear is where the inverter/charger is located. Now there is also an outlet that can be used for what ever, but the main purpose is for the block heater which usually is not plugged in when new. Mine was just wrapped up and tied with a tie wrap. Maybe somebody cut the wire and that is what you are seeing.

On the passenger side there is a whole bunch of stuff in there. Two big switches to turn off the chassis battery and the other for the house batteries. Those you turn off if you store your coach in the winter months. There is a lot more in there like relays and a circuit breaker for the levelers. I do not believe you would have a wire harness cut there in that compartment.

I notice you have the Friendship so it might be different from the Scenic Cruiser.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote