Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-21-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
Optimus

Default Where Do i get replacment parts?? Mechanical and Other?

Hey Everyone, very new to the RV world and just recently purchased a 1996 Tourmaster that needs a little attention. I am having a really hard time locating some simple things like a Replacement Radiator. Checked some forum archives and no luck. Can someone please direct me to where I may be able to find replacement parts?

Other things I will be needing is a Toilet (not sure if they are universal), other misc smaller items such as light bulbs and coach batteries. Is a truck supply/rv supply place my best avenue or are there better resources?

Thank you in advance.
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Where Do i get replacment parts?? Mechanical and Other?

Again, the chassis builder should be able to tell you where to get a radiator. As far as toilets go PPL should have the toilet you need or Camper World. And if you can tell what brand of toilet it has, just get on google and you should be able to find exactly what you need. Might even want to try Ebay.

Light bulbs for the interior house part of the coach, you can find them at any Lowe's or Home Depot. Head and tail light bulbs at any auto parts store. I needed a Helo 8 for my head light and I found it at Auto zone for about five bucks.

On the batteries mine is equipped with six volt golf cart batteries for the house part. I have had Interstate U-2200 wet cell batteries which sell anywhere from $100-$150. each, depends where you buy them. Last four batteries I bough at a local auto parts store were made by Deka and I only paid $90.00 ea.

Chassis batteries my coach uses two 12 volt batteries. And the second set I bought them at Napa which was their top heavy duty batteries. They have been real good so far.

Hope that helps you out on finding some of these parts.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #3
Optimus

Default Re: Where Do i get replacment parts?? Mechanical and Other?

Thank you for the response! for some reason it didn't notify my email. I'll check out the sources you mentioned. It was very helpful, thank you.
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote