Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-05-2017, 06:21 AM   #1
Leidcat

Default Air suspension quick connect

I have 06 Crescendo diesel pusher. Won't start, so the air suspension won't work. Can anyone help and tell me where the quick connect is located on the 8356 model? Can't get it towed without air to suspension. Help...dead in the water and trying to get back to Washington .
Leidcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Air suspension quick connect

A few years ago we had to have our MH towed. The tow truck driver connected to the air line on the MH and aired the suspension so that he could tow it, they are trained to do that. He also removed the driveshaft.
It takes a really huge tow truck to tow a large diesel MH. It is also really expensive, thank goodness We have Good Sam road service, they paid for the tow.

The CAT engine computer went bad and it costs us $2600 for it to be replaced and programmed.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
Leidcat

Thanks, however we did have Good Sam and two tow trucks and neither could find the connection to the air suspension. Apparently it isn't located where it is on most MHs. Hence my question as to where is it located.
Help...

Thanks

Cat
Leidcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

An experienced tow truck driver will connect the air into the air line in the rear of MH for the air suspension. Even if he has to disconnect an air line to do that.

Luckily in our area we have a good company that has well trained drivers that are experienced in towing big rigs and semi-trucks. I knew about the company and
I told Good Sam rep when I called them so they contracted the tow truck company. The tow truck that came was at least 40' long. it looked like it could have towed
the world.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:20 PM   #5
Frutza

You should have it towed by know, there's a manifold under the front hood you will have to put a disconnect in it but that will only air up your front tank you will have to put air to the 1st tank in order to release the parking brake.
You have the 1st tank then that feeds your front and rear tanks with check valves so you have to go to tank #1